• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinevent 52 cancelled

Not sure if everyone got this email.

Fri, Mar 13, 2020 10:15 pm

Cinevent 2020 Cancelled

I wanted to give you an update on plans for Cinevent 52, an update which I had hoped would not be necessary but which it has become clear is necessary.

Given the current coronavirus situation and to protect the health and wellbeing of our attendees, we have made the decision to not hold the convention in 2020. Our current plan is to hold Cinevent 52 in 2021, over Memorial Day weekend.

Separate emails have been sent out to dealers and to those who had registered for the show already with information about logistical concerns. If you have registered for the show for this year or were attending as a dealer and did not receive one of these emails, please let us know.

Rooms reserved at the Renaissance for 2020 as part of our room block will be cancelled by Marriott. I believe this will be done automatically but if you haven't received cancellation confirmation from them in the next week, you might want to follow up with them. Rooms reserved at the hotel outside the room block would need to be cancelled separately.

On the one hand, this was a hard decision to make; on the other, an easy one. Thank you for your support of Cinevent, past and future, and for your understanding. I look forward to welcoming you to Cinevent 52 in May of 2021.

-Michael Haynes
    Chair, Cinevent LLC

Thank you to whoever fixed it. Now for those who attend Cinesea lets cross our fingers that the show will still go on next month

Comment

A local cine fair close to Brussels (at Ternat) that was supposed to be held tomorrow is also cancelled. Actually, all leisure activities are forbidden in Belgium at the moment : cinemas, theaters, pubs, concert halls, restaurants...everything is closed. Shops are open from Monday to Friday, except pharamacies and food stores (included supermarkets) that can also open on week-ends

Comment

Danny,

The plan is for CineSea 21 to go on as scheduled. In fact, it's time to nominate a print for the April 17th Friday Night Feature!

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
          Danny,
          In fact, it's time to nominate a print for the April 17th Friday Night Feature!

Doug
          Yeah we know how that goes

Comment

Crowds of 10 now?

Comment

You know Danny , it doesn't really matter what size of crowd you're in - all it takes is ONE person infected to spread it around .
              And with 6 feet distance that will cut down on the number of tables for sellers or even seating for people viewing the films each evening . So go figure !
              Last edited by David Baker; March 17, 2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

It all reminds me of that song by The Police - "Don't Stand so Close to Me"! I wonder if that will get a revival now, perhaps we'll all be singing it, at least the chorus. :-)

Comment

Working...
                X