I made it to 75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made it to 75

A year ago I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and wasn't sure how much of a future I would have. However I just celebrated my 75th birthday this week. After 10 months of being on some pretty heavy duty chemotherapy and feeling pretty crummy...I'm now on an oral chemo that I am tolerating very well... even my hair has started to grow back. 😀 I'm slowly getting back to watching my films more frequently. My projectors seem a lot heavier now though so I get my grandkids to pull them out of the closet for me.

I want to thank those that have sent me personal messages and well wishes. This forum has been a special place to me over the years and I cherish all the cyber friends that I've met here.

Keep the projectors running! 📽️🎬 Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1653240688158.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	60684

Happy Birthday, Janice!

We're grateful we have you here. You've always been a friendly face to new people, and I've enjoyed seeing the way you appreciate our hobby and conquer all sorts of technical challenges. (-always much more fun after the victories!)

-Godspeed!

Comment

Wow! Janice I did not know about your sickness. I know how it must be as my son has been fighting cancer up and down for the last 5 years. My prayers will be with you. Please take care. And have many more birthdays. Happy 75th birthday.

Comment

Janice,

Happy Birthday! You've given us all a reason to celebrate! I'm so glad you're feeling better and thrilled that you're screening films more often.

I'm looking forward to reading about what you've even watching.

Comment

I didn't know either, but then that was your right to reveal or not reveal. Congratulations on reaching 75, with your health being restored as well. May you see another 25 at least, and, with all the advances that may well come by then, you'll be even stronger and need no help to get those projectors clicking! Sincerely, Osi

Comment

Janice,
            Happy Birthday! It has always been inspiring to read about the many projector repairs you have solved. It is even more inspiring to hear about your progress vs. Stage 4 and I am looking forward to more of your posts as you regain your strength and energy...Blessings your way...

Comment

Hi Janice

Glad you are feeling a lot better and you had a great birthday, wishing you good health in the years to come.

Regards Graham.

Comment

Hey Janice, I knew you had a bought with cancer, but I didn't know you were on chemotherapy all these months. I'm glad you're on the oral chemo now and hopefully back to full health soon. Please know you are in my prayers. Our hobby is a lifesaver and gives us so much happiness and joy. I'm happy to know you still are in the hobby. Happy Birthday!!

Comment

Wishing you a very happy birthday Janice. You are an absolute legend! All the best from across the pond.

Comment

Hi Janice

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a Happy Day.

We are all on journeys. Sometimes the passage is smooth sometimes rough. Just remember your Mind and Spirit are your strongest instruments and the possible and impossible CAN be achieved.

Best wishes

Mike

Comment

I didnt know you have been so ill,and hope things continue to improve for you .
                      All the best,
                      David.

Comment

Janice - The First Lady of the United States may live in a large white painted mansion in Washington......

....... but the First Lady of 16mm projection lives in Placentia, California !

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.

Comment

Glad to hear you are on the mend. I know from experience how tough long chemotherapy treatment can be and a love of films keeps you going wether on film, dvd or blu ray. Your posts are always excellent and helpful to forum members and I wish you all the best going forward.

Comment

Happy Birthday Janice! The other woman with a world wide fan club, Betty White, offered these tips for living a long and happy life. Enjoy!

Comment

Janice your posts on this forum are always an inspiration, and I think your post today is undoubtedly the most inspiring of all. A very happy birthday to you and keep those wheels and reels turning!

Comment

Working...
                              X