No announcement yet.

The Steven Spielberg Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Robert Zemeckis, James Cameron or Martin Scorsese’s output. There’s also John Carpenter and Tobe Hooper but saintly Stephen made sure he sabotaged their careers along with others forever".

Agree 100%,
    I do enjoy many Spielberg's movies, but entertainment is taking me away from the reality of the real world, his life story was told very well on a two hour plus documentary which was actually very good.
    This film is 151 minutes long!! I'd prefer Goodfellows

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Myers View Post
      "Robert Zemeckis, James Cameron or Martin Scorsese’s output. There’s also John Carpenter and Tobe Hooper but saintly Stephen made sure he sabotaged their careers along with others forever".

Agree 100%,
      I do enjoy many Spielberg's movies, but entertainment is taking me away from the reality of the real world, his life story was told very well on a two hour plus documentary which was actually very good.
      This film is 151 minutes long!! I'd prefer Goodfellows
      Good God , even his life story is over 2 hours. Goodfellas brilliant movie and so repeatable

Comment

I saw The Fableman at our local cinema last week. I thought it was rather too long and the parents, particularly the father did not appear to age as the years went by. I felt somewhat envious of the film making equipment they were able to afford! It took me ages to save enough to afford my Pathe ACE and Coronet camera etc. Ken Finch.😉

Comment

One of the things I liked about this documentary film, was it's emphasis on his early years and how he found the great outlet for his imagination, filmaking! Yep, he used super or standard 8mm for his early film work. Speilberg and Lucas, among others, really benefited from that period from the mid sixties on, when Hollywood was really floundering. It was a great period where, in desperation, Hollywood would welcome anyone who had a good or mediocre idea, as long as it made money.

Comment

Hoping to find time to see it reel soon, a inspiration to many a young film maker.

Comment

Working...
            X