"Happy Meal"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may have heard this on the news....
    Last week, the McDonald's that we frequent often, less than 1/4 mile away from us got shut down because of a fraud virus claim from a worker who wanted off work. Here is the news clip:
    https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9...milton-police/

I was mad because it was right during the shamrock shakes which I wait for yearly and love!

It is open for take-out only now(which is all we ever used anywho), and shorter hours.

Comment

I saw it on the news. One thing about closing all the McDonald's and pizza take away etc out here, is we will be a lot healthier without it. The McDonald's stuff out here is absolute rubbish, its much better to make your own at home.
      Last edited by Graham Ritchie; March 31, 2020, 01:37 AM.

Comment

To me McD's is mostly a convenience, and mostly out on the road. At least when you are 300 miles from home and you see the Golden Arches, you know what you are going to get!

It's just when it gets to be a significant part of your diet, you are edging towards trouble!

It's like a couple of years ago somebody was advertising their rum as "low in carbohydrates", like it was part of a good diet!

Can you imagine?

"Hey Bob! You lost weight! Howd'ya do it?!"

"Ohhhh...I switssshed rum!....C'n Yewww hulp me find ma housh?"

Comment

Actually the British Royal Navy as sea used to give out a daily "rum", can't remember when they stopped doing it.

I read an article some where a while ago about the making of "The African Queen" while they were in Africa Katharine Hepburn said she got sick, while Humphrey Bogart and director John Huston did not, all the time they were there. She came to the conclusion that because both of them were drinking alcohol most of the time they never caught anything.

That had me thinking about adding a small amount of whisky to my cappuccino today. Well that was a disaster so don't try, it tasted awful Roll on the time I can go back to my "Muffin Break" at the mall Click image for larger version

Name:	P1120070.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	6878

Comment

A Prohibition lecturer dropped a worm into a glass of water, and another into a glass of whiskey.
            The one in the whiskey quickly died.
            He shouted out!
            ”Can you tell me what this means?!!”
            -a man in the crowd raised his hand:
            ”If you drink whiskey, you’ll never get worms!”

Comment

M D seem to be a bit off the ball at the moment as being a massive corporate I would have expected them to quickly get frozen MD into supermarkets so they are at least producing something. The food does actually land at outlets frozen no?

You read the idea here first McDonalds.

Comment

My very first job when I was 17 years old was at the local McD. It really helped me get through Engineering School, not because of the money I earned, just the fear of having to have a job like that again if I flunked out!

-and yes, a lot of it arrives frozen, like well below zero frozen. At least once a shift they sent me down in the basement to haul 40 pounds of French fries or hamburger patties up from the walk-in freezer. It was like suddenly finding myself standing at the North Pole!

Everybody needs at least one crappy job when they are young: it gives them perspective!

PS: Very first McPaycheck bought a Baia editor/viewer! (-back when you could get one at any department store...)
                Last edited by Steve Klare; April 01, 2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Yesterday we went to the supermarket and while we were there, I was thinking where is everybody its quiet, even lots of toilet paper on the shelves Anyway I found out later McDonalds had just opened up there drive through only, with a long queue outside. so I guess that's where all the panic nuts had gone. Although in saying that, I am hoping that our local Muffin Break gets the green light in a few weeks

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X