No announcement yet.

The 1960s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across this today...brilliant. Apache by "The Shadows" this is one 60s instrumental I and many others have never forgotten.

Comment

Well folks, as films of the 1960s go, you can't get much better than this

Enjoy...

Brilliant score once again by Ennio Morricone

Comment

Another time warp back to the 1960s and this one you can never forget.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	160299641_3450628208376904_3239583634593605725_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.4 KB ID:	30023

Comment

In The Year 2525 who remembers that one?

Comment

"If man is still alive" ?

I think I can remember the whole 30 there. I can't quote any words from "Albatross" - naturally. I do also remember the TDK (?) cassette tape advert to the tune of The Israelites with the cards showing the lyrics misheard as "Me ears are alight."

Comment

I was born in 66, and though, technically, I wasn't a 60's kid, (let's face it, my memories start around 1970), I think I can conclusively say, that there was not a decade before or since, that changed a world more. We went from a world that trusted everything to a nation that literally trusted nothing. From a "Leave it to Beaver" world to "All in the Family" world.

Comment

Who remembers "Lost In Space" ? I watched very little TV back then, always out and about. But this one I did make the effort to watch. The 60s for me, were simple but good times.

Comment

Must be an age thing, but this song from 1967 reminds me of when I was in the army cadets. We were on camp near a stream and the rain came poring down during the night. The field became a bog and we got totally wet, as a result we got ourselves out of there that night, it was a real disaster and returned back at the cadet hut for the night, things we used to do
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF5840.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.6 KB ID:	81259
                    One of the things I really enjoyed at camps was the chance to use the Bren and the Lee Enfield .303. I got my marksman badge with the .303. The Lee Enfield had quite a kick, it could pop your shoulder out if you didn't hold it right. Being Left handed was a pain, as I had to rotate the rifle to get to the bolt. The same with the SLR 7.62mm as each case got ejected I had to keep my cheek hard in against the butt so I didn't get hit by the empty case. The army instructors were not happy with me being left handed and using my left shoulder, but there was no other way I could do it. Even after all these years I bet I can still completely strip a Bren gun down lying down as we were taught to do you never really forget

Anyway back to where I started this song "Hole In My Shoe" was on the radio that boggy night, very appropriate, never forgot it
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Bren_wog.jpg Views:	0 Size:	463.4 KB ID:	81260
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	ms16-no4mk-solo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.9 KB ID:	81261

Comment

O dear Graham you have reminded me of my national service days. I was also trained to use the Lee Enfield 303 rifle and the Bren gun. “ First I A, Second I A” !. Also had to use the Sten gun. Tuppenny ‘a penny Woolworths job! They were made at the Hornby factory at Margate amongst other places during the war. I was also quite good with the 303 so long as the guy next to me did’nt make me jump by firing at the same time as me! The 303 was a very accurate rifle up to 800 yards. Hence the fierce kick back. You could never have used it like you see riders on horseback firing rifles in the old “westerns”. Ken Finch. 😉

Comment

It would have been the Triang factory in Margate in those days though.

Comment

Ken as you know there are other things you are shown in the ACF one being is to defend yourself "hopefully" and what to do if you are attacked by some knife wielding nut. I was 13-14 years old at the time and never forgot how to stop a attack by breaking the offenders arm, them kicking them in the face, we practiced all this stuff with the full time army guys.

To this day I still have not forgotten how to do it anyway while I was working at the cinema and things were a bit quiet, I showed this young lady how to do it, Chris our part time projectionist came along, she then asked him if she could try it on him. Well she did, Chris went flying face first into the wall. She really did it well, to well. She said straight afterwards I thought I had broke him and said sorry. Chris took up Tae Kwon do soon after.

So there you go stuff you retain from the 60s
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	pict13 006.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	81413

Comment

So much changed in the 60's. Much of the change was for the worse in my opinion, and I was a little boy back then, but what phenomenally changed for the better was the music! There was so much freedom and creativity to the music scene, worldwide, that it was fertile ground for truly timeless artistry to come forth, in every genre of music!

Comment

Working...
                            X