An old note from 1 collector to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old note from 1 collector to another

I purchased The Day of the Triffids from eBay and got it delivered in a 16mm plastic canister.
    Upon further inspection, it looks as though it used to house 'Once Upon a Time in the West'. And contains a note from one collector to another.
    An incredibly sweet note, dated 1997 - had to share, maybe someone here knows Hugh and Tony.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_67673ADF5A79-1.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	79198

1) Hugh - A well-known collector.
    2) Tony - A well-known dealer.
    ????????????????????????????

Comment

Tony= Tony Churcher, he of Supaspools.

Comment

Couldn’t it also be Tony Shapps (Widescreen Centre)?

Comment

Could it be tony hutchinson

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Higgins View Post
            Could it be tony hutchinson
            I don't think Tony Hutchinson ever sold Super 8 films. And I never remember Tony Churcher selling films at the Tadley six-monthly conventions.

Comment

Lee, I'd guess that Hugh was the late Hugh Thompson Scott from whom ICsuper8 most probably bought the film?

I'm guessing this is the 4x400ft colour version of Triffids on 2x1200ft spools as I seem to have just lost this auction to your good self!! Lol!

Maurice, although Tony Hutchinson was pretty much a 16mm man, I'm pretty sure I did buy my super 8 Mighty Joe Young from him at Blackpool circa mid 90's, so a possible...

Comment

Tony Reyport?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Young View Post
                  Lee, I'd guess that Hugh was the late Hugh Thompson Scott from whom ICsuper8 most probably bought the film?

I'm guessing this is the 4x400ft colour version of Triffids on 2x1200ft spools as I seem to have just lost this auction to your good self!! Lol!

Maurice, although Tony Hutchinson was pretty much a 16mm man, I'm pretty sure I did buy my super 8 Mighty Joe Young from him at Blackpool circa mid 90's, so a possible...
                  Hah, yes, that would be me. I haven't seen TDOTT, it'll be my first viewing and on super8. A rare experience.
                  I look forward to it!

It seems as though Tony and Hugh are no longer with us. Rest in peace.

Comment

Lee, at the risk of going off topic for a moment, you might enjoy this old thread from the archives...

8mm Forum: Day Of The Triffids (film-tech.com)

And I know the print was faded and scratched, but it would be great if you could add a review of it. I've only ever seen one other copy of the 4 x 400ft colour version.

Comment

Working...
                    X