No announcement yet.

The Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw it and thought it was very good. Much better than the Crystal Skull one. That 3rd act was very cool...didn't see that coming. Nice end to the Indy films. Or is it the end?

Comment

Ford has said that he is done, however, if they offered to make a de aged Indiana complete adventure, wouldhe be willing to cover, at least, the voice acting?

Comment

I think Ford means what he says.
        One reason why the opening sequence with the younger Indy works well is that his body movements seem entirely age appropriate, unlike Robert De Niro's in The Irishman. De Niro may have looked younger, but he was moving verrrrry slowly.

Comment

Good point, Doug. I wouldn't be surprised if there has been de aging in films than we know, it just hasn't been spoken about. It's very handy, especially if a person dies during filming. Sometimes it works terribly, (the body double for Bela Lugosi in Plan 9 From Outer Space), and sometimes good, (the body double for Brandon Lee I'm "The Crow"). I'm really looking forward to this, and I am looking forward to finally buying the whole Indy series on Blu-ray, as I am sure that they will release a Blu-ray set of all five films in a box set, to of course, cash in. I can sympathize with Indy, in the late 60's, feeling completely out of time. The world of his adventures being largely gone. I'm only 57, and I feel completely out of time, out of sync, but largely enjoying it!

Comment

I think it all started with Glasiator when Oliver reed died before all his scenes were filmmed. I remember them saying they used digital technology to finishe them.

Comment

The last Indy was great. The humor reminded me in a very positive way of the third Indy.
              The only thing I didn’t like was the large amount of „Krach! Bumm! Peng!“-scenes (too many car chases and other action scenes).
              (photo: Zoo Palast (Berlin), 20 min before the show)
              Attached Files

Comment

Funny side note: In the first German trailers, the film was called „Ruf des Schicksals“ (call of destiny). In the end, they called it „Rad des Schicksals“ (wheel of destiny).

Comment

I ask again, were there any 35mm trailers released to theaters, anywhere, or was this a completely digital release, from trailers to released feature?

Comment

Funny - I just watched this EXCELLENT documentary on Turner Classic Movies about film preservation. So....although they release current movie digitally they PRESERVE them on FILM. Because it has a longer life than digital per the documentary. And I suppose safe from the EMP blast....

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                      I ask again, were there any 35mm trailers released to theaters, anywhere, or was this a completely digital release, from trailers to released feature?
                      I have not heard of any trailers on 35mm. And according to IMDB, the movie was entirely shot digital.

Comment

This movie was Amazing, far better than I ever expected, the CGI of the younger Indi looked like it was shot in the 80's.

It was almost as good as the 1st Movie, were as the 2nd Movie was a let down, but the 3rd Movie picked up and was teriffic, then the 4th Movie I was disappointed with ending, but this 5th Instalment really is worth watching again and again.
                        "Dail of Destiny" 10 out of 10.

Comment

Working...
                        X