No announcement yet.

Maurice Leakey Update by Daughter Jane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jane, sorry to hear your sad news. I am sure you are all in our prayers. I am sure he will be happiest at home with his family and this alone will keep him going for as long as possible. It will also give him time to pass on his legacy of knowledge to you although you probably really have a lot of this already. I speak as another octaganarian, in my 89th year!! Ken Finch.

Comment

Best wishes to Maurice. Always have enjoyed his posts. He once replied to me he enjoyed my tidbits of information making film at home run so well.

chip gelmini
      brooksville Florida USA

Comment

Thanks for the update. Sending prayers and well wishes your way.

Comment

Dear Jane and Angela,
          I'm late in seeing this but I'll belatedly say how sorry I am to hear about what your dad has been going through. I've had correspondence with Maurice on and off the Forum - although regretfully we haven't net at conventions - so please pass on my good wishes to him. I hope he's home soon and that lifts his spirits, because I know from experience that however discouraging a prognosis can be, family members can sometimes defy expectations and seem surprising well at a time when you might least expect it.
          It's humbling that he (and you) have reinforced how this Forum can become such a significant part of people's lives and create a sense of community, despite the fact that many of us live in different countries and are unlikely to ever meet in person.
          Although very few will have the knowledge and experience that Maurice has gained over the years, I hope he has provided some basic tuition in operating projectors, as once home, perhaps he might like to sit back while you present some of his favourite films!

Comment

Hello Jane, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad. I didn’t know your dad personally, but we exchanged messages on here a few times. Like him, I was a projectionist, but I am sure he was better at it than I was.
            He was a wealth of knowledge, if anyone had a problem you could always count on Maurice coming up with an answer.
            I would have have loved to have met him and seen his collection of films and projectors, but distance never allowed it.
            Please pass my good wishes on to him and all my good wishes to you and your sister.

Clive Casey

Comment

Sad to read this. Hopefully Maurice will be back among his films before long and this will bring him some cheer.

Alan

Comment

Working...
              X