No announcement yet.

What We Lose When Streaming Companies Choose What We Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I'd say the goal is pay-per-play, always.

That classic teenager-thing of playing a song, lifting the needle and playing it again 80 times could get verrry costly!

-but I have faith in the deviousness of mankind! (This late in life, it's becoming about all I can be sure of!)
    • Somebody says "Prohibition", and stills start springing up in every other barn.
    • Somebody patents a better padlock, and 10 other people start working on a better lock pick.
    • The Highway Patrol sets up RADAR, and the speeders start buying RADAR detectors.
    • As soon as somebody sends out a song or a movie encrypted in a stream, somebody in another hemisphere or maybe even right down the hall is working on hacking that file and packaging it in a way their own customers want it.
    Isaac Newton said "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." He wasn't a lawyer, but the logic still stands!

Comment

Here in the U.K there are a number of options regarding watching television. The traditional transmissions from an aerial known as free view. Satallite via freesat or Sky the latter including a large number of subscription channels. Then the whole lot plus many more are available streamed via the internet. Reception from free view is poor so I had a Sky satalite digibox installed. Then replaced this with Freesat and had the Sky box moved to my cinema. I use this now and agin to mainly screen live events via the Epson. The old digibox is not high definition but the Epson up scales it. Picture quality is probably about equal to Blu-ray. And the sound through the A V amp is first class. I do not have the facility to stream in the cinema. 😊

Comment

Working...
      X