No announcement yet.

Tony Shapps, RIP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The article linked to above says he died recently, two years AFTER the Covid infection, not two years ago!!

Comment

Yes that is Correct, Tony Shapps had COVID very bad a few years ago, but he has passed away only Now in Sep 2023.

He founded the UK Widescreen Association, for Photographers using Widelux 35mm and 120 Still cameras, as well as various Anamorphic Lenses on Film & Digital SLR cameras.
      And Movie Makers using 9.5mm, 16mm, 8mm, Single 8, Super 8 and Digital all using 1:2, 1:33, and 1:1.66 Ratio, for
      Widescreen, Iscorama and Cinemascope Lenses.
      I even heard of 8mm and Super 8 and Digital Cinerama in Uk and Australia.
      Because of his enthusiasm, he also help encourage the American Widescreen Association, New Zealand Widescreen Association and Australian Widescreen Association which I have been involved with since 1990, although they started in 1972. He and his wife had visited the AWA in Australia many times, and contributed to many Magazine articles on the topic of Widescreen. And I was on his mailing list for his monthly e-newsletter called "CONCEPTS", this year.

Comment

I honestly didn't know Tony, but my condolences to Tony's family and extended family of friends.

Comment

Working...
        X