Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble Signing in - Everybody Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Signing in - Everybody Please help!

Hello Doug. I can log in on my phone no problem. However, with the same username and password, I am unable to log in on my PC. This is strangely the reverse of the situation I had before the new look. Can you help, please?

I've re-titled this topic, which was originally addressed to me.

As explained by Michael in the opening post, he can log in to the Forum on his phone but not on his home PC. Using his log in info, I was able to successfully log in as him without any issues on my computer. I suggested Michael clear his cache and enter his info manually as opposed to automatic fill or copy and paste. Still no luck.
    I then suggested he try a different browser, however the result was the same.

At this point, both Michael and I could use your help. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comment

Looks like it's not a browser issue.

The next fix that you can try is to Flush the DNS Cache using Command Prompt or the Run Command on your computer.

1. Right-click on Windows Start button and click on Command Prompt.

2. On the Command Prompt screen, type ipconfig /flushdns and press the Enter Key.

Comment

If he can get to the site, it's not a DNS issue.

The issue is logging in. Can't really go any further until we know what version of Windows he has, what browser he is using and what version that browser is on.

Comment

Brad Miller Doug said he had tried two different browsers and still couldn't login... Could be a Windows issue yes? Agree ... need more info.

Comment

I'm using W10 and Firefox 75.0 (64-bit). I have no problems signing in as of this post date. I never use a phone to sign in, only a laptop.

Comment

This morning I logged in to make a comment, then found that to make a comment in another section, I needed to log in again.

Comment

Windows 7.
                I use Chrome as my default browser. Version 81.0.4044.129
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Davey View Post
                  I'm using W10 and Firefox 75.0 (64-bit). I have no problems signing in as of this post date. I never use a phone to sign in, only a laptop.
                  My setup is the same as yours and I've never had any problems either.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Goss View Post

My setup is the same as yours and I've never had any problems either.
                    Ditto here. Windows 10 Home (with latest updates) and Firefox 75 (64bit). Michael, do you get any error messages?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Gordon View Post

Ditto here. Windows 10 Home (with latest updates) and Firefox 75 (64bit). Michael, do you get any error messages?
                      No, Ed. Simply states that I have entered incorrect username and password.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael O’Regan View Post

No, Ed. Simply states that I have entered incorrect username and password.
                        Michael, I ran across a very similar issue (not film-tech related) reported by a user who said this:

"I also faced the same issue. But I got a solution for this also. Go to settings >> site settings >> cookies >> unmark 'Block 3rd party cookies'.".
                        So I just did this and Bingo. My issue was accessing Mailchimp which I haven't been able to get past the log in screen for the past two weeks but could access via my phone or via another browser on my PC. Anyway this fix solved my problem. Hope it works for you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael O’Regan View Post
                          Windows 7.
                          I use Chrome as my default browser. Version 81.0.4044.129
                          Thanks.
                          I just tried using this exact version of Chrome on my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit machine. No problems at all.

It's likely something specific you have on your computer that is causing the failure. Perhaps some sort of plugin or app.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Gordon View Post

Michael, I ran across a very similar issue (not film-tech related) reported by a user who said this:

Ed, thank you. I had a look and Block third-party cookies is already unmarked.

Comment

It might be worthwhile to see if it works correctly while in Safe Mode. Run "msconfig" and set Boot as follows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CaptureMS.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	9225

If it works in safe mode, that would point to another non-essential application on your PC is causing problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X