Paul Adsett's Home Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Adsett's Home Cinema

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1261.jpg Views:	5 Size:	309.6 KB ID:	4452 Here are some updated pic's of my screening room. Now a 5.2 sound system.Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02882 (2).JPG Views:	0 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	4455
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Paul Adsett; February 19, 2020, 06:29 PM.

Absolutely gorgeous Paul!

Comment

Brilliant Paul

Comment

Here is a video tour of my screening room from Keith Wilton's Armchair Odeons Reel one. It shows the remote controlled curtain and masking system and my restored 9.5mm Pathe Baby lighting system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo6rAuL4VXc

Comment

Paul,

I'm so green with envy I'll have to wrap myself in magenta cellophane to correct my skin tone.

Doug

Comment

I have a Hometheater too but this is amazing. It´s a Cinema in the Living Room. Fantastic.

Comment

Absolutely 'brill! What a wonderful set up Paul!

Comment

Thanks so much everybody for the nice comments.
                This project started back in 2004, but is still a work in progress. There's always some little job to do to make improvements in décor or film presentation.
                I should emphasize that I did not spend a great deal of money on the screening room. It was all DIY. For example, if you search the internet for professional motorized masking systems you will be talking $4,000 and up for remote powered side masking to mask all screen aspect ratios from 4:3 out to 2.35 Cinemascope. My DIY effort, which does the same thing, cost me about $450.00 and I am sure looks no different to the audience. The cloth ceiling panels , which so effectively block light bouncing back on the screen, greatly enhance picture contrast and brilliance, as well as absorbing acoustic reflections, and probably cost me a total of about $500.00
                This room was hardly ever used before it became a cinema. Now it is in use almost every day and is a constant source of enjoyment to me and my family,
                So I would encourage anyone who is interested in a permanent projection set up to "have a go" at doing it yourself, you will never regret it.

Comment

Great room Paul. I second your comment, setting up your home cinema is half the fun, and you will never regret it.

Comment

Excellent example of a mans love for film. Well done Paul! I shall have to make an effort to upload something as well.

Comment

Here are the technical specs of the equipment currently in my home theater:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HOME THEATER TECH SPECS JPG.jpg
Views:	1397
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	11186

Comment

Great setup Paul.

Comment

Nice thread this and great to see all the various setups but I think our Paul has it in the bag. Such a beautiful home cinema Paul and a credit to you.

Comment

Now that is truly one heck of a home cinema you have there Paul! Beats my two old armchairs and a blank wall in the spare room!

Comment

The GS1200 is now fitted with a 250W ELC lamp. powered from an external DIY 24v DC power supply. This provides a very significant increase in screen illumination, particularly useful when projecting SCOPE films.

Click image for larger version

Name:	POWER SUPPLY UPDATE 3 MARCH 2023.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	85740

Comment

Working...
                              X