8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Your Film Purchases This Month

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your Film Purchases This Month
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2008 04:54 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine quite a few of us received our newly purchased films today and maybe tomorrow, as both Derann & Paul Foster have updated their lists and have therefore been sending out films. I'll bet a few people had the UPS van at their door this morning, as I did, bringing my order from Derann. I was imagining loads of other projectors being fired up as I looked at my print of Little Lord Fauntleroy (16 mm) from Derann. I now look forward to a Tom & Jerry (16 mm) classic coming from Paul Foster in the next few days and a print of Snow Drift At Bleath Gill coming from Barry at Independent 8.

So, has your order arrived yet...and what did you buy?

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 22, 2008 07:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Futureworld (optical sound) from Derann

and from ebay ...

a slew of great cartoons:

Flinstones: Groom Gloom (review of that soon)
Jetsons: Private Property
Woody Woodpecker Convict Concerto (I got a second copy of that and I ended up putting this on ebay, as it's identical in color, a nice print, by the way, with the original title cards!)
Cat napping: Tom and Jerry

and ...

The Phantom of the Opera 5x400 (silent version)

I'm really looking forward to this one, in the hope that this might be that Blackhawk version with the two strip Technicolor sequences, (that are unfaded, as some of those Blackhawk prints had the color on bad fade eastman, and so those sequences looked like crap! Here's hoping with fingers crossed!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 23, 2008 10:54 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also bought a Flintstone episode from Ebay (The Golf Champion) on 16mm. And the 35mm trailer to "Roller Coaster".

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2008 10:51 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
Did a part exchange with Barry at Independent 8 and stocked up with cartoons,travel,serial episodes(Batman)East Side Kids Ghosts On The Loose (Thunderbird print)CIR Splicer.
From Paul Foster a Path'e Pic(Optical sound)
Night Mail from Simon.
Missed out on 3 films from Derann,but UPS turned up this morning with an ST1200HD I managed to buy from them.I am also watching Spaceballs on Ebay that Tom has for sale,I shall have to curb my expenditure for August at least,regards,Peter.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 25, 2008 11:09 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is quite easy to get carried away with it all, isn't it?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2008 04:50 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
You are quite right Osi,but what the heck,you can't take it with you.I haven't had to re mortgage the bungalow,yet!!!
Peter.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2008 03:12 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Peter, I just bought your Elmo ST600. Didn't realise you were a fellow member of the board! That should buy another few films. ( When I sort out the wretched PayPal 4 digit thingy to sort out confirmation!)

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 26, 2008 05:47 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
ET Full feature. Superb LPP print from the US. Now whos got a copy of Star Wars for sale?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 27, 2008 03:32 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As soon as I can get my paws on a good 35 print... [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2008 06:28 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Land That Time Forgot on 35mm plus bonus second reel in Technicolour!

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2008 06:41 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Steven,I thought I recognised your name when you emailed,think you'll like it,its a nice machine and with extra lamps and belts a good price.If you are having trouble with Paypal send me a cheque,regards,Peter.

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2008 12:17 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI everyone,

I'v bought "The Concord, AIRPORT '79 featurette" from Ebay.
This film doesn't exist on DVD.

Regards,

JC.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2008 01:13 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Christophe - Just in case you are interested and at the risk of "going off topic", AIRPORT'80 CONCORDE is available on Region 1 & 2 DVD,as part of the "AIRPORT TERMINAL PACK".This box set contains all 4 Airport films.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2008 12:56 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received my Xanadu 2 x 400 print from Derann last week in a nice 800ft box with original artwork afixed to it. Fast service as always too.

Then yesterday at the annual Cinema and Theatre Historical Society film collectors swap meet here in Melbourne I bought:

A box of 10 9.5mm films including one in colour.

A full 1600 ft reel of 16mm TV spots for mostly 1960's features.

A pile of 16mm docos and travelogues including some in technicolour.

Another box of 10 16mm colour trailers.

Two features on 16mm, The Car and Waiter There's A Girl In My Soup - some fade on both.

Some Moviemaker magazines and Pathe 9.5mm catalogues too.

All of this for less than $250.

I did not buy any Super 8 this year but had some for sale on my table. It was a great day with projectors and film in all formats available. Heaps of 16mm and even four 9.5mm projectors. It is Australia's largest cine film only type fair.

There were pictures of last years event in Small Format a few months ago.

David

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2008 08:11 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This month I did quite well with my purchases and got some nice old films all from ebay.
"The League of Gentlemen" 4x400ft.
"Stand In" 5x400ft. (A nice old film with Leslie Howard and Humphrey Bogart).
"North Sea Hijack" 2x400ft. (Actually My wife bought this one as she prefers this U8 digest to the full feature.)
"The Silent Scream" 16mm full feature. (Barbara Steele and Yvonne DeCarlo).
"Touch of Madness" 16mm. (An episode from William Castles 1970's horror series "Ghost Story".

I also bought a couple of Super 8 projectors as I am terrified of having my film collection with no working equipment to show it. I am rapidly running out of space as I have quite a few now so I am thinking of using one of those self store places.

Paul.

Tom Johnson
Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2008 01:42 PM      Profile for Tom Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought three Universal 8s: Dracula, The Wolf Man & This Island Earth. Haven't had a chance to view them yet, but it's great to fill those holes in my Universal horror collection. --Tom

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2008 02:17 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't bought that much this month on film,as I have been buying more Blu Ray discs..

LOGANS RUN-1 X 400FT-lovely colour!!
MIDNIGHT EXPRESS-1 X 400FT
THE HUMAN FACTOR-50ft trailer.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC