8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » "Rare" titles in your collection? (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: "Rare" titles in your collection?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2010 06:04 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently (last week) found a copy of Argento's L'UCCELLO DALLE PIUME DI CRISTALLO (The Bird with the Crystal Plumage), the very first feature he directed in 1970.

It's unfortunately a terrible print on a reddish Eastman (I would probably never post any screen shots of that copy here on the forum [Frown] ) but my happiness is immeasurable: another title I had been after for very longime and I did want to own on 8mm. Not interested at all in its condition.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 04:46 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how rare they are, but I have hardly ever seen any of these in used lists.

Firstly it is four features from Marketing. "Grease", "Airplane!", "One-Eyed Jacks" and "The Godfather".

I also have the two Universal/John Wayne features "The Conqueror" and "Jet Pilot".

And lastly a Harold Lloyd feature "The Sin Of Harold Diddlebock"

Have not run any of these for years, so I don't know what shape they are in.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 06:46 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lars. I also have the two Wayne features. They were released by Universal 8 and if yours are like mine, they will have started to turn "pink". Mine are still very watchable, even if some may say that they are two of the "Duke's" worst films. If you are a Big Duke fan then you just have to have them in your collection.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 17, 2010 09:37 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to find a full length Marketing print of "True Grit", as I heard that they released it as a full length feature!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2010 01:21 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lars,

One-Eyed Jacks would be a rare print. I have come across a copy once in all my collecting years - I think it was a Derann or other UK used list.

A strange film to release on Super 8. An indulgent Brando western thought of much more highly today.

David

All times are Central
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC