8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » "Rare" titles in your collection? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: "Rare" titles in your collection?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2009 11:09 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always forget to add to my rare list 'LOVE STORY' (on Kodak SP [Smile] )and 'REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE' (on Eastman [Frown] ).

[ October 04, 2009, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 12:59 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, having a look at this old thread, I feel I have to change the Graemlin used for LOVE STORY...
But (and this is the good piece of news) two rare titles are coming soon...

--------------------

Chris Batt
Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 08:56 AM      Profile for Chris Batt   Email Chris Batt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi to all here, just found this site, thought I was the only one wowed by 8mm movies, I started my collection 3 years ago, my most treasured 8mm movie is the original King Kong. My partner got this for me and I was a very happy man on xmas day (2009) I use a Bolex SP8 for my movies, it has a built in speaker, which helps, I watched King Kong, well the 1st 2 reels and loved it. I'm selling my body and brain so I can invest in a better projector, it is a little clunky, but it has served me well [Smile] I hope to invest in full feature movies, and will keep popping back here for ideas [Smile] Well happy new year to all, and keep those projectors projecting [Smile]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 11:28 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Forum, Chris.
You will fall in love with it!

--------------------

Chris Batt
Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 12:35 PM      Profile for Chris Batt   Email Chris Batt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gian [Smile]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 12:43 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris yes this forum is a very fun place and everyone plays nicely as opposed to others... [Smile]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

David Ahrens
Junior

- posted January 07, 2010 01:47 PM      Profile for David Ahrens   Email David Ahrens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chris
where abouts in Northern Ireland are you?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 07, 2010 01:50 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I could list my "The Geisha Boy" (Jerry Lewis) as a rare feature.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 02:45 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is for sure, Osi. Never heard about this issued on 8mm [Roll Eyes] .

--------------------

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 03:00 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brer Rabbit & The Tar Baby
Playground Skirmish (Scene from The Matrix Reloaded)

I may have others but those two are rare for sure.

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 06:20 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kurt, I just learned something new about Poltergeist. I did not know MGM's original strategy for this film.

"Another interesting piece of film I have is a "Poltergeist" pre-release teaser trailer featuring rather dubious interviews with "paranormal experts." At that time the studio was going more for hard-hitting horror and planned to release it with an "R" rating as indicated by the MPAA ratings card at the beginning of the trailer. There's only one scene from the film included: a quick snippet of the kids struggling against the black hole in the closet. The rest is stills."

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 06:27 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know about this trailer, Greg. Simply weird. Found it a couple of months ago [Eek!] . I did not have any idea it was a rare one.

--------------------

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 09:47 PM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I think the "Poltergeist" trailer was intended for viewing by a trade organization like the National Association of Theatre Owners, and was never intended to be seen by the general public. But some clever little bugger at the lab must've thought Spielberg's name meant big business and made a reduction. I don't know who offered it on Super 8mm. Mine was attached to a used print of "Jaws" that I bought at a collector's show.

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 09:55 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello i would like to add my rare super 8 titles they are
ISLAND OF TERROR 4X400FT AND
NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT 4X400FT
BOTH STARRING PETER CUSHING

--------------------
t.smith

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 10:52 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, NATO usually had their convention in the spring, and the studios wined and dined theatre owners, many screenings, and lots of product to push for the upcoming seasons. I'm guessing they still have a convention of this type?

Wow, finding that attached to your Jaws print was a nice find, I'm sure.
Yes, I think the "Poltergeist" trailer was intended for viewing by a trade organization like the National Association of Theatre Owners, and was never intended to be seen by the general public. But some clever little bugger at the lab must've thought Spielberg's name meant big business and made a reduction. I don't know who offered it on Super 8mm. Mine was attached to a used print of "Jaws" that I bought at a collector's show.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 12:55 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only "rare" print I have is a stunning B/W print of "Tension at Table Rock" from 1956. [Razz]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 04:07 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I forgot my optical feature of "Footloose".
I think it is a rare title, too.
Isn't it, Gian ? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Additionally to my first post in this thread there are:
- Raiders of the lost ark (Scope) (I got it) [Smile]
- Indiana Jones and the temple of doom (Scope)
- Indiana Jones and the last crusade (Scope)
- Lone Wolf McQuade (optical sound)
- Rio Bravo
- Star Wars (Scope)
- The return of the Jedi (Scope)
- Titanic (Scope)

I think my reversal copy of "The great race" (with Tony Curtis, Natalie Wood and Jack Lemmon) is the rarest title in my collection. Don't know, if there is another print of it in any collection.

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 05:32 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, dear friend, I ignore if it is.
In my collection it is for sure eh eh eh.
So rare that is not even there! [Wink]

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 06:45 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, you are being very naughty tormenting Gian with "Footloose" [Smile]

Your print of "Rio Bravo" - is it the Classic Home Cinema release?

If it's any consolation Gian, "Rio Bravo" is my "elusive Footloose" [Frown]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 06:59 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well, thanks Keith.
We just have not to give up [Frown] .

--------------------

Bradford A Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 07:00 AM      Profile for Bradford A Moore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some rare ones in my Chaney collection

super 8 By The Sun's Rays
8mm The Monster
8mm The Unholy Three
8mm West Of Zanzibar
super 8 scored Blackhawk Outside The Law
super 8 Light Of Faith

and some others

Super 8 scored Blackhawk Broken Blossoms
8mm Castle Of Doom (Vampyr)
super 8 M with Peter Lorre Very good Niles print
super 8 D.W. Griffith Interview Niles print

and most recently to my collection Variety 1926 with Emil Jannings, which isn't the Blackhawk short version. [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 08, 2010 08:32 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rare optical Super 8 features in my collection ....

Point Blank (1967, probablky from the first year optical features were produced)
The Hot Rock (Robert Redford, 1972) great heist comedy caper.
Rocky 3
Children of a Lesser God (William Hurt) Great film!

and ...

Footloose!

Hahahahaha! Just kidding Gian, don't have that one. I had a chance at a copy a year ago for 10.00 dollars but I didn't like the film in general.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 08:40 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cannot believe, Osi... You killed me [Frown] .

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 08, 2010 08:58 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If only I had known at the time Gian.

I believe he sold it to someone else, but the name honestly escapes me. He had said that it was browned, so it was probably on KodakSP, but was cored. He had rolled off enough to look at it. He joked that he was going to give it to the dog as a chew toy, but of course, he didn't.

If I ever get offered another print of it, I will definitely buy it so that I can get it for you, as you are "Rescuing" me as well!

Yes folks, Gian and I know something you guys don't! nyah nyah nyah!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 09:11 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] ...

About FOOTLOOSE well, thanks for telling me. TOMORROW NEVER DIES [Wink] !

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC