8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Classic Home Cinema (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Classic Home Cinema
Peter Sandford
Junior

- posted June 27, 2014 04:41 PM      Profile for Peter Sandford   Email Peter Sandford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello again, just a quick question on my quest to build up my cine list. I've been searching around the internet for places other than eBay to buy films and I've came across a few shops.

one I came across was Classic Home Cinema so I've emailed them a few times for there list, but never heard anything back (seem to have a few films I'd be interested in). So while waiting I've been reading there site (bit confusing, how to order, paypal for America etc) and I see they do a yearly subscription and I wondered if anyone has took it? and if it's worth while?

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 27, 2014 05:13 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Classic Home Cinema's list is free. You just need to send them an e-mail. I'm surprised you got no feedback. What is not free is the magazine called Film Collector.

--------------------
Dominique

Peter Sandford
Junior

- posted June 27, 2014 05:59 PM      Profile for Peter Sandford   Email Peter Sandford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Dominique.

It might be a problem with my email server being detected as spam. I sent a email again today, so if I don't hear anything by next week I'll use my gmail account to send a message or just phone them [Smile]

I'm still thinking about the subscription as if anything its still away to show support to them for there efforts.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 28, 2014 02:13 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Using the telephone will be a better bet, bear in mind that the films are stored in separate premises and you may not get an instant confirmation of what you want. You can always use a credit card.

--------------------
Maurice

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2014 05:45 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Maurice says give them a call, that's the best way.

Phil does paper lists every so often, he has also started to use pdf's for e-mail lists.

The last time I visited August 2013 the shop had changed a little, it would have been about 2010 the last time I had been.

The shop its self had model railway items mainly, plus a Fumeo pedestal projecor and film posters. BUT go through the short passage to the rear of the shop and find an Aladdin's cave of super 8 films, and I think 16mm upstairs.

They are having an event in August this year too.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2014 05:59 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, i will be attending the classic home cinema shop on saturday august 16th and the later ,sale/auction .who else on here is also going as i look forward to meeting some 8mm film fans

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2014 06:31 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think CHC's paper lists are free, but deffo worth the subscription; will be there for the August fair-don't know which day though...

--------------------
Yannis

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 28, 2014 01:15 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis, the paper lists are not free as there is print and postage costs but you don't have to pay for the e-mail lists.

--------------------
Dominique

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2014 04:26 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...true...

--------------------
Yannis

Peter Sandford
Junior

- posted June 29, 2014 07:10 AM      Profile for Peter Sandford   Email Peter Sandford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had another look at there site and maybe I'm missing it, but I'm not seeing anything about a printed list. Just send us a email for the PDF one.

I did think about taking a drive down to see the shop once I finish my current project.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 29, 2014 08:04 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...paypal for America etc)
Just to let you know, CHC will not take paypal. Credit card only.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Peter Sandford
Junior

- posted July 03, 2014 02:46 PM      Profile for Peter Sandford   Email Peter Sandford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still no joy with getting there list, think I'll just pass on using them.

Found a few other shops that I'll need to browse through [Smile]

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2014 04:11 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
CHC's arcane website is not conducive to providing good customer service -- I find it much easier to deal with CHC via Steve Osborne. (And isn't it CHC that's always griping about how collectors don't let them know what titles they'd like to see? CHC itself needs to be better about providing means to actually communicate with customers/collectors.)

Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2014 05:11 PM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the delay in Phill getting back to people is that he is not well at the moment, I visited the shop yesterday and his wife told me about him.
I hope he gets well soon, he is a true champion of super 8.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2014 05:22 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have over 1000 films on 16mm

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 03, 2014 05:24 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry David I don't understand the relevance of your post from Phillips last statement?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2014 01:45 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you just google "classic home cinema", and their page will open and show you everything they have availabe ?

Peter Sandford
Junior

- posted July 04, 2014 04:34 AM      Profile for Peter Sandford   Email Peter Sandford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's not so good and I hope that he get's well soon, I don't mean to sound callous but it maybe a good idea to include something on their website about the on-line store isn't 100% operational?

quote:
Why don't you just google "classic home cinema", and their page will open and show you everything they have availabe ?
I'm just going by there website, it states:

quote:
FULL CATALOGUE/LISTS AVAILABLE BY EMAIL - ASK FOR YOURS - PDF FORMAT-
ITS MONTHLY AND FREE OF CHARGE SIMPLY EMAIL US TO GO ON OUR LIST

quote:
We do operate a subscription based mail order list -
Subscribers get some very special offers , 7-8 lists a year each
with 2000 used films on offer, first pick of new aquisitions/sales,
new releases and specials open only to subsribers

quote:
DO NOT APPLY FOR SPECIAL OFFERS IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF OUR GROUP MAILING LIST - SOME SPECIALS ARE RESTRICTED TO THOSE MEMBERS . WEB LISTS ARE OPEN TO ALL OF COURSE.
So to myself reading that there is two lists? And another problem I'm foreseeing that if no-one can send out a list then any orders placed aren't going to be processed.

As John said CHC itself needs to be better about providing means to actually communicate with customers/collectors. There website can be a fully automatic process from sending lists to taking orders unlike its current standing of simply people sending card details and left wondering what's going on.

Paul Trigwell
Junior

- posted August 16, 2017 10:23 AM      Profile for Paul Trigwell   Email Paul Trigwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ August 16, 2017, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Paul Trigwell ]

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2017 10:34 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never had any problems with CHC.

Paul...(who erased all his comments)....no it was not me that got the film you were interested in...never cared for "Grease"

Can't send a reply pm because I am on your ignore list.

[ August 16, 2017, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Bill Phelps ]

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2017 10:55 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That has happened on quite a few occasions when I've rang up for films,told one minute they are there and paid for them and when they have arrived it's a film less,Not even told it's not in the parcel is something I don't quite get either,customer care is certainly not one of CHCs strong points.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2017 11:23 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil is a bit of an oddball but worth persisting with because he does have some good stuff. Can be slapdash. I once had a problem with an order and he said he would rectify it and as a goodwill gesture said he was sending two free halogen bulbs for my machine. The parcel arrived and with the promised items two empty halogen bulb boxes! Hmmnn. Still don't know if it was a genuine mistake or him telling me where to go...

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 16, 2017 01:11 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't seem very constructive to bring back a thread that was last in use three ago, simply in order to call a company rubbish. And although everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, it won't exactly help to foster good relations between the leading 8mm forum and the last European source of new releases on 8mm.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2017 03:15 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thread has been edited Adrian now so doesn't make sense,well my reply doesn't anymore,what I stated was fact in the way I've been dealt with by CHC,maybe better not to say anything in future and have other collectors find out for themselves,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2017 06:17 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received Phil's updated list via e-mail yesterday morning (8/15). I sent a few inquiries and got immediate e-mail responses. Paid for the films via PayPal...Done [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC