8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Coming to CineSea 18? Pick the Friday Night Feature! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Coming to CineSea 18? Pick the Friday Night Feature!
Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 15, 2018 10:22 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CineSea 18 is less than a month away, so it's time for attendees to nominate a print from their collection for the screening on Friday evening, October 12th at the Ocean Holiday Resort in Wildwood Crest, New Jersey. Admission is free.

Our previous feature was Terry Bange & Dave Baker's amazing 35mm print of House of Wax in 3-D! That was a special occasion, so for this event we are returning to the world of Super 8mm & 16mm, so please nominate prints in either of those two formats.

Please list the title (up to two per collector) and format here by 9/26. We'll then have an online survey and attendees can pick which film they prefer by 10/7.

My offering is a Derann print of Jason and the Argonauts (Super 8mm, Flat).

I've heard some possible titles mentioned and it looks we're going to have a tough choice to make!

For more information about the CineSea Film Collectors Gathering, please look here.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2018 11:07 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about two of the Star War movies on super 8 stereo scope full length? Any of them. May the Force be with us!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 15, 2018 01:39 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did well to choose you, Jason. The Gods are best served by those who need their help least - Shorty

Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2018 03:37 PM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am again offering the 16mm IB Tech Scope Elvis co-starring Barbara Stanwyke ROUSTABOUT....his very best film! Great circus action and stunning color!

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2018 09:21 PM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offering Scream Of The Demon Lover, an R rated European horror film. It played on a double bill with The Velvet Vampire in the early seventies. Or The Black Scorpion, a giant monster film from the fabulous fifties.

--------------------
Joe

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2018 03:44 PM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since it’s Halloweentime and we are right near the beach, what would be more fitting than a print of Jaws? I nominate my 16mm print of Jaws for Friday night. It is a gorgeous Scope, LPP print.

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2018 06:31 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So many great choices. I am not going to bother offering my silent film feature of Phantom of the Opera from Niles Film Products, the first name in quality prints.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2018 09:20 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me for my earlier post.

I will be attending Cinesea while on my way to Florida. I will not be able to bring anything for trade, purchase, or screening. I did not understand if my choice was selected that I might have to provide it.

My apologies, Doug.

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2018 07:34 AM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am offering the Frankenheimer BLACK SUNDAY; 1977 terrorist feature. Low fade LPP and not a title you hear much.

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 17, 2018 08:36 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty amazing titles early on, and my favorite actor Robert Shaw is in two of them!

Chip,
No worries. I'm thrilled you're making the trip!

Doug

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2018 12:46 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So many good choices, I'm thinking double feature.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 17, 2018 01:53 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matinee too - Shorty

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 20, 2018 08:28 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The story so far:

The Black Scorpion
Black Sunday
Jason & the Argonauts
Jaws
Roustabout
Scream of the Demon Lover

I can't wait to see what's next!

Doug

--------------------

Gary Sloan
Junior

- posted September 22, 2018 07:34 PM      Profile for Gary Sloan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Mr M,

Here is Gary's vote

Batman 1989 Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton in 16mm perfect LPP color and sound!!!

Also Alfred Hitchcock's Classic for Halloween, Psycho 1960 with Anthony Perkins, a nice sharp uncut original print, both are great to see on a big screen with an audience with the help of my Bell&Howell arc machines!!

--------------------
Gary Sloan

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 24, 2018 05:55 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are top choices also - Best line from the Joker; 'Wait till they get a load of me' and best scene from Psycho when Balsam falls down the stairs - Shorty

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 24, 2018 08:37 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great choices Mr. S!

There are two more days remaining for CineSea attendees to enter their submissions.

Doug

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 24, 2018 09:42 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is going to be a tough one: there are a lot of great choices here and I don't think any one of them is going to walk away with the vote.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2018 08:25 PM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't logged on in awhile but will be at Cinesea from Thursday afternoon (early bird) until Saturday afternoon (yes...sigh....another Cinesea, another 'not there for the whole event). It's kinda becoming a trademark of mine lol [Razz]

So since I will be there for Friday night, I'll throw out just one suggestion so as not to make choosing TOO difficult:

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978). Mint LPP, perfect for Halloween.

And based on what was already suggested by other members, looks to be an amazing list being compiled for Friday night!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2018 01:41 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife gave her blessing for me to attend this year. Staying until Sun.

So looking forward to meeting everyone.

Will be arriving Fri 3pm hopefully depending on traffic.

Nominations look great, everyone is a winner

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 27, 2018 12:55 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The nominating window is closed and here are all the submissions:

Batman (1989)-16mm LPP
The Black Scorpion (1957)-16mm
Black Sunday (1977)-16mm LPP
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)-16mm LPP
Jason & the Argonauts (1963) -Super 8mm
Jaws (1975)-16mm LPP Scope
Psycho (1960)-16mm
Roustabout (1964)-16mm IB Tech Scope
Scream of the Demon Lover (1970)-16mm

Attendees will receive a link to vote later today. If the link hasn't made it your inbox by this evening, please email me.

Thanks!

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 27, 2018 04:40 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man, looks like a real full-house this time, I mean a huge group - Let's abide by the rules; Rule #1 - OBEY ALL RULES
Rule #2 - LAUGH AS YOU ARRIVE...
Rule #3 - LAUGH WHILE YOU'RE THERE...
Rule #4 - LAUGH AS WE DEPART...

Shorty - Rule #5 - PAY NO ATTENTION TO ANYTHING I SAY OR DO

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 27, 2018 08:06 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

Terrific news! I'm so glad you can make it. We'll all chip in to get your wife a thank you gift!

Doug

--------------------

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2018 01:16 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks

Looking forward to spending time with all my film friends

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 07, 2018 02:36 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today is the last day to vote for the film you'd like to watch at CineSea on Friday night. Tomorrow morning I'll reveal the winner.

Doug

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 08, 2018 08:25 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What will we be watching in Wildwood this Friday night?

Gary Sloan's 16mm print of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho!

It was a tight race between the top three vote-getters, however it's Norman & his mother that will grace the CineSea screen on Friday.

Please join us on October 12th at The Ocean Holiday in Wildwood, New Jersey at 7 PM.

Doug

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC