8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WTB chancing my arm here :) now with added films :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB chancing my arm here :) now with added films :)
William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2016 12:28 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so i have had success in my search for full copy of Star Wars so i am now looking to get Empire Strikes back and Return of the Jedi. Willing to pay top dollar or pound for a copy of either [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 17, 2016 02:10 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything else squire? [Big Grin] [Wink]

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2016 07:59 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lots [Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 18, 2016 01:47 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Name them all William, you never know, many a collector has found what he or she has been looking for on here. [Wink]

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2016 01:56 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so as above plus Alien,Gremlins,Terminator,Jaws,Halloween,An American werewolf in London these are must have in my collection not sure if all were features but the longest copies out there [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 19, 2016 02:52 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Will,

No Jaws as a feature anyone is likely to find and I've never ever seen an American Werewolf In London on Super 8mm.

The rest yes, these no,unless you are wanting fading digests so far as Super 8mm is concerned.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2016 03:40 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is empire on super 8 didnt think it was as a feature ?.i satnd corrected ,will the empire strikes back is avalible brand new from the real image but dont expect it to be cheap .

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2016 04:20 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed Steve about empire but never got a reply [Frown]

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2016 04:39 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Empire is definitely on 8 in feature length, I have a copy of first generation copies from derann, very nice indeed.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 19, 2016 05:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul is right.

Nigel, you stand corrected!

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2016 05:58 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jaws was released as a full feature on Super 8 but I would say there are very copies about I they would go at a premium. Quality compared well to Universal cutdown. Gremlins 2x600 from Derann rest are out there as features on super 8 except American Werewolf best bet is 16mm.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 19, 2016 06:25 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said Mike,Will has about as much chance of landing a full feature of Jaws on LPP Super 8mm as one legged man winning an arse kicking competition!

In other words.... none.

Being struck by lightening, is more likely for Will on this one!

Werewolf in London, as said....forget it on Super 8mm

All the rest, also as said,do exist on Super 8mm, but you try finding them Will in good Nick, no matter how much disposable you may have!

[ October 20, 2016, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2016 06:48 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had them all except Halloween and as you say American Werewolf was not available on super 8 but I am aware of it on 16mm. Andrew you should really prise yourself away to attend a convention. That's where the rare stuff will surface. If it's not for sale on the day you can quite often source titles by simply talking to other collectors and dealers. In my Blackpool days I got titles and information there that I never saw on lists. Information flowed at Saturday night dinner particularly after a few drinks. Titles and projectors were brought out of the boots of cars. You will also pay a hell of a lot less than silly prices on eBay.

[ October 20, 2016, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Mike Newell ]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 19, 2016 06:54 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
No thanks Mike.
Been there bought the T shirt, in much much better times than these!

Thanks for the advice though Mike, most appreciated,sincerely.

My days of pretending I have any more than handful of like minded people I can now relate to in this hobby, are well and truly over!

They know who they are ...both sides of the fence!

[ October 20, 2016, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2016 09:16 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand where you are coming from. As you say been there bought the t shirt. My revelation moment was very illuminati. People you had dealt with and known suddenly being told this fellow is a friend of ours he deserves better. You thought everyone was playing at the same level in the one room when in reality there were many rooms with choices never shown and prices that were flexible. I think every collecting hobby fraternity has its hierarchy. That's why the expansion of choice in viewing mediums has been so liberating.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 20, 2016 09:40 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Mike on each and every point you speak of there my friend!

I certainly wouldn't be the one clambering over the next man to try to buy something for a few bob less than otherwise.

I used to religiously get talked into doing the January sales when I was with my ex wife many many years back now.
Honest to God mate, you've never seen anything like it in places like Next.
I thought we were supposed to be further up the evolution scale than animals or so I thought until witnessing sights like this!

Same with that dreadful new Fad from America, Black Friday!
It's only black if you leave your front door.

If they want it that badly, they're welcome to it!! [Big Grin] : [Wink]

--------------------

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2016 05:20 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had American Werewolf in 16mm, bit browny on SP stock, and some bugger SPLICED OUT Jenny Agutter in the shower! The sheer nerve of it! Seems a bit rich to do it for censorship reasons as it's swiftly followed by the fully intact Zombie Nazi scene.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2016 03:47 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart, maybe he just wanted to keep that bit.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 23, 2016 03:48 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2016 05:42 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can't blame him! [Big Grin]

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2016 07:16 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha i just pictured in my head someone cutting out the Jenny agutter scene just to pi55 someone off lol. In mean time i have had a reply from Steve Osbourne so Empire is a goer [Smile] just Jedi to find now anyone? please???? [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC