8mm Forum

my profile | my password | register | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Elmo GS1200 Scratch parts (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Elmo GS1200 Scratch parts
Leon Norris
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2018 08:29 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To all who are on Evan side. Let's get it straight! I told Evan to send back ! For Exchange! That's the film slot and thread button! And I'll stand by wy word all parts are new! And I have not lost any business at all! I have been around a long time . A way Lot longer than Evan! To ALL the ones on Evans side . I'll Tell you only once! I DON'T need YOU! And that's the TRUTH! I have a Huge bit of Parts! My Elmo's will Run forever! Not YOURS!So Just keep on CRYING on Evans shoulder! Leon Norris

|  IP: Logged

Leon Norris
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2018 03:28 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Parts #1 and Parts #3 are all sold! They sold fast!
Thanks, Leon Norris.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2018 06:05 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a horse in this race except an ever-aging GS-1200, so this has nothing to do with "taking sides."

Seriously, Leon, your attitude of defensiveness and dismissal just really seems uncalled for. I don't care WHAT Elmo told you when you bought those part in 1999, some of those pieces are used, as proven by the dirt and wear marks on those photos. I would've said the same. YOU are an expert in Elmo's worn parts scratching, and should admit as much that a mistake was made, even if Elmo needs to take the blame.

Thank you for standing by your purchaser and offering an exchange. However, your credibility and honesty is on the line as well for asserting repeatedly that these obviously used parts are new.

Leon, I'm glad you've provided good service to me in the past, but I'd like to hope that might be the case in the future as well.

Leon Norris
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2018 09:34 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, The parts were sent back to me and I exchanged them! For your Information! Also with some extras. Like I said Elmo sent me all the green plastic parts in a BIG plastic bag! Things happen! Leon Norris.

Leon Norris
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2018 08:32 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Parts#1-3-6 All are now Sold! Thanks Leon. Elmo scratch parts.

Evan Samaras
Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2019 03:11 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The parts were indeed replaced, and Leon did put in a couple of other parts. However, the parts replaced seem to be in similar condition with a similar wear pattern along the film path. I have been unable to take and post pictures with the holidays, but I will try to prioritize it for the week. Thank you again for the support everyone. Happy Holidays and a New Year to all!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Leon Norris
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2019 06:37 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evan, Those parts are new! I even GAVE you some extras . I see your not satisfied! So let me see what more Doctored up pictures you want to show!

Evan Samaras
Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2019 08:57 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My word is only as good as yours to those who do not know us Leon. While I appreciate what I feel may have been your effort to make things right by sending extra parts, it does not change the fact that the items I originally ordered are not in the condition described, which was/is "NEW"

I only want to show what I received so others can judge if they want the items at the price point and condition at which you provided.

[ January 14, 2019, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Evan Samaras ]

--------------------

Evan Samaras
Master Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2019 08:44 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

-

-

-

--------------------

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2019 03:03 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
shocking, quite shocking [Frown]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 15, 2019 03:39 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean   Email Winbert Hutahaean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are probably new and unused but taken from the reject basket during their production.

They should be destroyed but some reject items succeded to escape because of bad employees and this might be the case.

My 2 cents though!

--------------------
Winbert

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 15, 2019 05:06 AM      Profile for Mark Todd   Email Mark Todd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin works in a plastics car parts factory on a line and its so intense and pressured, and even then they keep reducing manning further.

They used to have 1 huge industrial skip for rejects that filled up in no time at all, but now need 4.

Some parts are £600 each, but any scuffs etc they are rejected. I can`t see the logic used by the managment there at all.

Best Mark.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 15, 2019 06:32 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou   Email Tom Photiou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
surely these would cause scratching? Is that why there called scratch parts? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] (only jokin!!!)

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2010 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC