8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool date confirmed 2016 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Blackpool date confirmed 2016
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2015 12:24 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just to let everyone know on the forum that the date for the northwest film fair is Friday Saturday and sunday 18th ,19th and 20th novemeber 2016 .Hilton hotel blackpool
would like to thanks every one who attended and a merry Christmas and a happy new year to all the forum members

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 19, 2016 06:48 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
July seems to be the month in which bookings suddenly take off for the the SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER, so I'm just letting everyone know that although there's absolutely no rush to book, I now have quite a few names on the list. The dinner will of course have all the usual ingredients: three course meal featuring the Hilton's fine cuisine; the movie quiz; the now famous raffle including new Super 8 and 16mm items; and the film show to round off the evening. The good news is that the Hilton have not raised their prices, so we can maintain the (cost) price of only £20. If you're staying at the Hilton with the special Film Fair deal, you can transfer your Saturday night dinner to the Film Collectors' Dinner at no extra charge, so long as you let me know.

If you're planning to stay at the Hilton, it may be wise to speak to Julie Vincent there soon, because one of the latest people booking told me that she said there are not many discounted Film Fair rooms left.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 19, 2016 03:28 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fascinating - As always, you do well by your friends - Cheers, Shorty

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2016 05:22 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good news for blackpool I am almost booked up now those who have paid deposit for a stall should have now paid in full by the 1sr of july , if not they could be disappointed as new dealers are wanting tables also ring Julie Vincent for accommodation these are now going fast

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 23, 2016 10:03 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a reminder that anyone travelling to Blackpool by train should ideally book soon as some of the lowest advance fares won't be available for much longer. I managed the return trip - East Croydon to Blackpool North - for £40, but you get a better deal by changing at Birmingham New Steet!

Please also note that someone who recently booked for the Dinner was told by Julie Vincent that he had obtained the last discounted single room at the Hilton, so anyone needing a single should now probably opt for one of the popular alternatives liked by film collectors.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2016 12:01 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To follow up on Adrians last post Re. hotel room bookings for Blackpool
the Hilton Hotel may not have any rooms left at the special film convention rates, but there plenty of hotels close to the Hilton so if you want a room for the convention week-end it should'nt be a problem.
here are a few Hotel names and telephone No's should you wish to book..
Rutland Hotel Tel. 01253 622791 very close to the Hilton,
Wellbeck Hotel Tel. 01253 351115
The President Hotel. Tel 01253 624460 very close to the Hilton
The Pembroke Hotel Tel. 01253 351306
Mount Hotel Tel. 01253 3511454
Sunnydale Hotel Tel. 01253 351452
Derby Hotel Tel. 01253 623708 looks onto the Hilton
Derby Lodge Hotel Tel. 01253 753444 looks onto the Hilton
The Moorings Hotel Tel. 01253 351 822 popular with with collectors

Hope these Hotels and numbers will help someone, there many many more if you look on google Blackpool maps/hotels etc.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2016 04:01 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks david for the list of hotels much appreciated ,over 25 tables now booked in for blackpool and still getting more enquires

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2016 11:07 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just booked the last room for Hilton See you there [Smile]

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2016 01:26 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Will, look forward to seeing you there both at the dinner and convention, will you be there from the Friday and the Friday film show?

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2016 01:37 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David yes i will be there from the Friday until the Sunday its the only way to do it [Smile] really looking forward to this year hoping to pick up some much wanted film.

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2016 02:09 PM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am booked from Friday to Monday as usual and as usual cant wait.long live Blackpool [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
kinema king

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2016 02:24 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

im driving up with my good lady on the Saturday morning - staying at the hilton for the meal and looking forward to my 1st Blackpool Convention on the Sunday before driving back to South Wales later on Sunday.

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2016 03:12 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello David (Skillern),
your first Blackpool Meal and Convention, well you will be given a warm welcome, and I Know you will enjoy both events, I bet you,ll go home thinking Why Haven't I done this earlier.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2016 05:38 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so good to hear good comments about blackpool it wont be long now . Friday night film show will be superb with a lot of surprises which will start around 8pm to 8.30 .will be nice to see the regulars and new faces .anyone wanting a table to sell their goods I still have a few tables left

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2016 07:00 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
their are still rooms available at the Hilton ask for Julie Vincent and tell her you are going to the film fair in November

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2016 06:14 AM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BLACKPOOL FILM CONVENTION DINNER. it's only about 1 month to go for the North West film Convention and pre-convention dinner both of course being held at the 4 star Hilton hotel on the 19th((dinner) and 20th (convention) November. There is still time to book for the dinner but don't leave it much longer, telephone Adrian Winchester on 02086 560168
Adrian will be happy to help you and take your booking, it's still only
£20 per person same as last year, for this you get an excellent 3 course meal followed by coffee entry in the film quiz with a nice prize for the winner, a chance to buy tickets for the raffle held after the dinner, raffle prizes include Super 8 and 16mm films,film books, DVD's,CD's and lots of other film related prizes. and to end the evening of course the film show, this year it's on Super 8 and presented by yours truly.The private dinning room we use has it's own bar so you won't go thirsty.. If you can't or don't want to attend the meal you can join us later about 9.30 pm in the dining room with an entertainment ticket only £3 details again from Adrian on the above telephone number this gives you access to the room the chance to buy raffle tickets for the raffle prizes and sit down and enjoy the film show and of course avail yourself of the private bar for drinks.Last year again was a great night so don't miss out this year
it will set you up for the Sunday Convention which is getting better every year since David Guest took over more dealers more films all gauges and lots of other film related items and of course the famous film and equipment auction not forgetting the bring and buy stall for
a bargain.For further details of the North West Film Convention give Dave Guest a ring on 07931 926550.
DON'T FORGET if you should be in Blackpool on the Friday night 18th Nov. there is a film show for collectors at the Hilton Hotel again organized by Dave Guest and featuring various films on various gauges
and it's FREE all are welcome starts about 8-8.30pm just ask at the Hilton reception and they will tell you which room to go to for the show. DON'T MISS OUT ON ANY OF THE ABOVE,I PROMISE YOU, YOU WILL ENJOY IT.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 21, 2016 12:20 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just seen the programme for the Friday evening show and it looks very entertaining. It will feature presentations from Lee Mannering, Mark Norton and Simon McConway, showing some of their favourite shorts using different 8/16mm projectors. There will even be a rare 1980s Elf/Eiki film promoting their projectors! So there's every incentive to treat yourself to an enjoyable break, ideally arriving by Friday evening and leaving on Monday.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 05:40 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tick tock tick tock the clock is ticking wont be long now I hope you have all got your rooms booked for blackpool Friday night is going to be great with film shows till the early hours
starting to load up the lorry on Monday will do a bit every day

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2016 03:57 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm booked to stay from Thursday to Monday to give me more time to look round (maybe as far as Preston) than I've had in previous years.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2016 05:39 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone wanting any labels for selling their items on the bring and buy or the auction send sae and I will send you some. this will save you a lot of time queuing up on the day and give you more times to browse on the day .also due to the very large collection of films I need to sell I have films for sale from Saturday afternoon this is an advantage for those staying over

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2016 08:11 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to let everyone know ,i will be doing a table at blackpool with many brand new super 8mm films ,some hard to find second hand super 8mm titles as well as 16mm films and accessories a packed table of film goodies not to be missed ,for those who saw me at ealing just a note most of the stuff will be taking will be different to what was there ,hope to see you all there.and a big thank you to David guest for making this event possible.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2016 06:22 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have room for one more table if anyone wants it now is the time to sell any unwanted films or projectors contact me asap if interested thanks david

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 07, 2016 11:21 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David - I could mention your Saturday afternoon sales in the information sheet going soon to dinner guests, if you know where and from when this will be.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2016 04:06 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if I get the room Saturday it will be in the room if not in the back of my lorry

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2016 02:50 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just over a week to go to this event. superb venue and a great time to be had by all who attend.one of the best film collectors events of the year. miss it at your peril...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC