8mm Forum

my profile | my password | register | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 3D Glasses

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3D Glasses
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 12, 2018 02:43 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone recommend 3D glasses that can be used on Epson EH-TW5600 Video Projectors?

|  IP: Logged

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2018 07:14 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham try this link -

https://www.epson.eu/products/options/3d-glasses-active-rf-elpgs03-v12h548001

--------------------
Dave

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 12, 2018 07:50 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fairly stylish they are too!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 12, 2018 02:05 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David [Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 05, 2018 02:54 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way David I ordered them almost a month ago, they should be here soon, as there seems to be a shortage at the moment.

I have already lined up a few titles on 3D blu-ray for projection on the Epson once the glasses get here. I will let you know the results [Smile]

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2018 03:37 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh GREAT Graham !
If you get any of the STAR WARS films in 3-D , let us know how well they projected .

--------------------
Dave

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 09, 2018 02:38 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well David I don't have any Star Wars on 3D and to be honest the only one I might consider later on would be "Rogue One" as I enjoyed the 2D version of that one. The later Star Wars movies like Solo don't really impress me.

However the Epson glasses did arrive two days ago, and after charging I tried my first ever 3D Blu-disc "Jurassic World". The Blu-ray player is a Pioneer BDP-180 and can play all Region "B" Blu-ray discs. The big plus with this player and to my surprise, it is Region Free for all DVDs Pal/NTSC and will play anything DVD wise.

So the moment of truth...The Epson projector picked up the 3D signal automatically, and after a few seconds after switching on the glasses we went straight to 3D. I found there was no need for pressing the little button on the glasses for pairing with the projector, it was not required.

I did notice that the Epson projector cooling fan did increase with speed, also screen brightness increased automatically as well. The projector was doing its thing [Cool] The image really was amazing, great colors etc...

Today it was time to sit down and try "Terminator 2" on 3D. This was truly amazing to watch, once again the image, the color, the detail, how did they get it to look so good? [Smile]

The glasses worked perfect as did the projector. I noticed during the night time scenes, if I slipped the glasses off for a second the screen looked very bright indeed, but when I put them back on, the night sky was a "perfect black" as it should be.

The calibration between the Epson glasses and the Epson projector is spot on in every way. Although the Epson glasses were expensive I am glad I went that road and not a cheaper alternative.

Its really amazing the value for money with this entry level Epson VP. Home entertainment has never been so good [Smile]
 -
 -
 -

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2018 07:10 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW !! HOW AWESOME !

I'd LOVE to see T2 in 3-D .

They don't offer that one here in the states for our region players.

Looks like you got a real nice toy !!

--------------------
Dave

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 10, 2018 05:23 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David

I am surprised T2 in 3D is not available in the US. That's a pity, as it is very good on Blu-ray. In the past I have been disappointed watching older films that were not made for 3D that were converted, such as the first "Jurassic Park" and the Disney animated 1991 "Beauty and the Beast" That one in particular had the look of flat carboard cut-outs moving around in front of the background.

After that I decided that unless the movie was indeed made for 3D and not converted I would not bother going to the cinema. Watching "T2" has shown me that with the technology as it is now. Its possible to get very good results in 3D out of films that were not made for it.

After watching "T2" I do hope James Cameron and his team will follow through with his 1986 "Aliens" as well, the potential is there for a good 3D version, that would be [Cool]

Watching T2 in 3D the other night was like watching a completely different movie. The 3D added so much to the experience [Cool]

Another one I have... and going to watch soon [Wink]
 -

All times are Central  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2010 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC