8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » FLASH GORDON "rocketship" 1936

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FLASH GORDON "rocketship" 1936
Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2011 10:26 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FLASH GORDON retrospec Super 8mm Digest 400 feet B/W sound 1936-USA). With LARRY "BUSTER" CRABBE, JEAN ROGERS, CHARLES MIDDLETON, PRISCILLA LAWSON, FRANK SULLIVAN. A feature made from the 13 episode 1936 serial (the first "Flash Gordon" serial). The complete story abridged to eliminate individual episode titles, cliff-hangers and plot recapitulations. Flash, Zarkov and Dale travel through space to the planet Mongo to prevent Ming the Merciless from destroying the Earth. Flash enlists the aid of King Tvun and his Lion Men and fights the dragon-like "Gocko." Prince Barin of the Forest People and King Vultan of the Hawk Men join Flash fighting Ming. Amazing science fiction at a time when the largest rocket was still firecracker-sized and television was a laboratory curiosity. A prophetic and exciting space-opera.  -

-

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

|  IP: Logged

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2011 07:40 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love these. I have "Rocketship" and "Mars attacks the World" both on Super 8mm in the 4X400ft feature versions. I really should get "Space Soldiers" to complete the collection but it's my least favourite. They are certainly much more fun than the complete serials.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 05, 2011 08:18 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey John

Great review. I used to love the wires and the sparklers. I don't have any of them yet. I bid on them but lost. My time will come. Ming had a great moustache. [Big Grin]

PatD

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 05, 2011 10:29 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Thunderbird films printing of the 4X400ft of this and it's GREAT!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC