8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Is Blade Runner available in super 8?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Blade Runner available in super 8?
Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2011 02:17 PM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody know if Bladerunner is available as a super 8 feature?

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 22, 2011 01:07 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure that it never nade it onto super 8 as a feature. I do know for a fact that the original theatrical trailer made it onto super 8. I believe it was part of a sci-fi trailer reel that a certain member put out many years ago.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2011 10:14 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a trailer along time ago and I don't know what happen to it. But if anyone has it for sale I will buy it again. I never saw a digest or a feature of it in my 30 years of collecting. And it is a shame it is a landmark sci-fi film.

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2011 08:51 AM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi and Laskmi thanks for the answer, I was asking about the feature because it is one of my all time favorite and would certainly pay premium for it.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 23, 2011 10:25 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A big favorite of mine as well. A truly ageless sci-fi!

--------------------

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2011 10:29 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Why doesn't anybody take the chance to print it on 8????

--------------------
Maurizio

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 23, 2011 12:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great thought, but do you have any idea as to how much it costs to put a feature film out on super 8 today?

To get a brand new print alone costs around (depending on the title) 500.00 to 1,000.00 dollars. (Titanic was one of those heftier price tags).

Hey, if I was richer than Rockefeller, I'd be the first person to get this printed!

Now, which version would we print? Hmm, (there are at least 6 different versions known to exist).

--------------------

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2011 08:44 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a screen shot from the trailer here:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000299

Looking over the screen shots it looks like some got replaced. The Jaws 2 box and the Raiders title before the trailer title. Don't remember those. Some kind of mix-up?

Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2011 07:24 AM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would go for the original 1982 version with voice in off being the one I originally saw on film as a kid. But a wiser option should be directors cut released in DVD and Blueray in 2007.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 24, 2011 10:34 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I prefer the "work print" edition of the film. This was on the 5th final disc of the special "suitcase" edition of "BladeRunner".

During the last thirty minutes, during all the fighting, there is a good deal of orchestrated music instead of Vangelis's soundtrack. Ridley Scott said that he never quite liked the orchestrated music, but I actually think it works much better and adds to the exceitement ...

... along with some definite changes in dialogue and such, I really like the workprint!

There ya go, if I am ever successful enough to pursude a super 8 feature, I would attempt to get ahold of Ridley Scott and see if I could talk him into allowing me a film copy of the work print version!

--------------------

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2011 12:59 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want the Blade Trailer know were I can get one???

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 27, 2011 01:19 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody else owns Blade Runner and not even WB. I forget his name but only did a limited license to release the recent versions.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC