8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My wife is buying me FILMS...!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My wife is buying me FILMS...!!
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 13, 2013 06:20 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know where she got this idea, but she just bought ton of films for me from Craiglist. They are:

Full Feature:

1. The Sound of Music (Derann, 2 x 1200' + 1 x 600')
2. The Railway Children (Iver, 1 x 1200' + 1 x 400')
3. The King and I (Derann 2 x 1200')
4. Sleeping Beauty (Derann 3 x 600' in 1 x 1200')
5. The Jungle Book (Derann 3 x 600' in 1 x 1200')

Trailers: (all col & sound)

1. Snow White and the seven dwarfs
2. Sleeping Beauty
3. Cinderella
4. Peter Pan
5. Lady and the Tramp
6. The King and I
7. Do Re Me (from Sound of Music)
8. Sound of Music
9. The Jungle Book
10. 101 Dalmations (2 Trailers)

Digests: (all col & sound)

1. Sleeping Beauty (Both Digest 2 x 200')
2. Cinderella (both Digest 2 x 200')
3. The sword in the Stone (both Digest 2 x 200')
4. Robin Hood (both Digest 2 x 200')
5. The Rescuers (both Digest 2 x 200')
6. Peter Pan (both Digest 2 x 200')
7. Mary Poppins (both Digest 2 x 200')
8. Lady and the Tramp (both Digest 2 x 200')
9. The Jungle Book (both Digest 2 x 200' + Marching Band 200')
10. 101 Dalmations ((both Digest 2 x 200')
11. Bambi (both Digest 2 x 200')
12. The Aristocats (both Digest 2 x 200')
13. Snow White and the seven dwarfs (both Digest 2 x 200')
14. Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too (both digests 200')
15. The Small One (200')
16. The Old Mill (200')
17. Swiss Family Robinson (200')
18. Toot, Whistle, Plunk, Boom (200', stereo)
19. Roller Coaster (100',scope, stereo)
20. Donald Duck ""Bearly Asleep"" (Derann, 200', scope)
21. Pink Panther (4 x 200)
22. Born Free (400', scope)
23. The many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Compilation 1 x 400')

Here is the picture (taken from the seller's Craiglist listing):

-

There are 4 titles are in Supa Spool (1600'). The rest bigger reels on Goldberg reels.

I am happy with this surprise. But since I am the one who work in Canada, so basically she was spending my money too [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

So while thanking her for this nice gift, I was carefully asking her how much did she spend for them. Worrying that she might have not known the real value of these films.

She said $350 for all of them.

So what do you think guys? Is it OK price?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2013 06:23 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a Steal, I would have paid that for Sleeping Beauty alone!

Let us know how they look, especially Beauty!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 13, 2013 06:58 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, just accept the gift, the lady is at least showing her
interest in your hobby, luckier than most, enjoy your windfall.

Lee Bombard
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2013 07:47 PM      Profile for Lee Bombard   Email Lee Bombard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert - That list is AWESOME !
Let us know how they look.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 13, 2013 08:05 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are one lucky man Winbert!

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2013 08:40 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!!!! Deran on Craigslist? That's got to be once in a decade. Nice find, nice collection. Congratulations!

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted June 13, 2013 08:46 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a great deal. I'll take them! [Smile]
Here in NYC Craigslist there is never any Super 8. Just garbage for the most part.
Congrats! I usually get socks as a gift. [Frown]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 13, 2013 09:17 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a windfall Winbert :-) I never see anything on Craigslists even remotely interesting in 8mm films. You hit the jack pot. Enjoy

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 13, 2013 11:32 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys (and girl....!)

Hugh, I should be happy with her purchase but (as I told previously), as I am the only one a "money maker " in this family, so imagine she is buying "THE ROSE" for $75 by thinking that will make me happy.... [Big Grin]

But now after getting confirmation from the members here, I am more than happy now.

Alan, the Craiglist here is also full of junk, but sometimes we can get lucky. Remember I shared here around two year ago, I bought a GS-1200 from Craiglist for $85 after sitting in the list for 2 weeks with NO TAKERS! Funny how the seller was also Ebayer with thousand ratings. Wonder why he did not list it on Ebay instead.

Anyway, here is my quick check on the print:

Full Feature:

1. The Sound of Music = combination of two prints. The first 1200 is faded (warming), the second 1200' is good color. Scope print.
2. The Railway Children = very faded. Will go to EBay
3. The King and I (Derann 2 x 1200'). Color excellent, scope print.
4. Sleeping Beauty (Derann 3 x 600' in 1 x 1200') Excellent color, no mark. Derann cover is included.
5. The Jungle Book (Derann 3 x 600' in 1 x 1200') Excellent color, no mark. Derann cover is included.

All trailers are good to excellent color.

Most digest are on Kodak SP and eastman hence warming/faded except for The Small One, Toot-Whistle-Plunk-Boom, Roller Coaster, Donald Duck ""Bearly Asleep" and Pink Panther (4 x 200) arebeither on LPP or AGFA hence colors are excellent.

cheers,

[ June 14, 2013, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2013 07:23 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was about to say " how did you beat me to this" But it was your wife!
She obviously found a great deal!!

Love it, such a great find Winbert. Now you can fill that room you made from selling your extra projectors. ha ha

Cheers
Terry

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 14, 2013 08:15 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any chance I can use your wife just to find me films for about a week? [Confused]

I will even give he a finder's fee [Big Grin]

PatD

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 14, 2013 10:04 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Win, you WON! - Shorty

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2013 10:54 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Win what a sweet find! The only films I ever found on craigs list is someones home movies. I'm going to start checking more often now! You got a good wife there so you need to take her out and treat her to a nice romantic dinner.

Oh I forgot to add my wife did find me an 8mm Keystone model 2500 projector at a yard sale for only $2.00

Roger [Cool]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 15, 2013 05:56 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
A "Rose" by any other name would smell as sweet Winbert, as we
say in this part of the world "she's a good lass" and has certainly done you proud.

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2013 07:03 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Winbert, That's almost an identical 'lot' to one on eBay that caused a lot of talk on here back in Sept 2011... and that included a GS1200 too!

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006498

Some titles listed on Page 2.

Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2013 10:35 AM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky you. Only one of the Derann's features can easily go for 350 USD. I would love to see my wife get me a lot like yours!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC