8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Keystone Regal K-109--Spring under Pressure Plate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keystone Regal K-109--Spring under Pressure Plate
John Barbour
Junior

- posted June 17, 2013 09:04 AM      Profile for John Barbour   Email John Barbour   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi folks!

I got a little carried away while cleaning my Keystone K109 projector. I removed the screw that holds the pressure plate in order to better clean that area, and now I can't figure out how that little tension spring thingy fits back in place. Here's a photo of the spring in its approximately correct place:

-

That's the easy part. But I'm not sure where the ends go. Do they wrap around the posts of the bracket that holds the pressure plate? Do they connect to the body of the projector? Multiple attempts at fitting this back into place hasn't made the plate fit as it did before I took it off.

Any suggestions? In better news, that pressure plate is super clean.

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 17, 2013 04:41 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John and welcome to the forum! I took a couple of pics of my K-109 so you can see how the spring fits. You will notice the end of the spring faces upwards and fits around the vertical bar behind the pressure plate.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

John Barbour
Junior

- posted June 17, 2013 07:25 PM      Profile for John Barbour   Email John Barbour   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice,

Last night, what I thought was going to be a quick clean-up of an already-relatively-clean projector before I ran film through it for the first time turned into a frustrating couple of hours where I tried what (I now see was) almost every possible placement of those spring ends.

Just now, thanks to you and this forum, it literally took one minute to put the spring in place.

I'm hooked!

I'm in the process of viewing and digitizing a huge stack of 8 and 16mm films, mostly home movies from various estates. I'll definitely be around. Thanks so much.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 17, 2013 10:07 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantasic John. Glad to assist.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC