8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WANTED - The Exorcist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED - The Exorcist
Raymond Glaser
Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2011 03:58 AM      Profile for Raymond Glaser   Email Raymond Glaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have THE EXORCIST (Super 8 Sound 3 x 400 OR Full Feature) for sale or trade?

Thanks, Ray

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 05, 2011 09:45 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ray,

I assume you're referring to the full feature in 16mm. This pops up on eBay every so often.

Just to note: While many prints of the excellent 400' digest have kept their color, all copies of the well edited 3x400 seem to be faded and slightly washed out.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2011 02:16 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my copies seem to have low sound has enybody else notice that?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 05, 2011 02:23 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the 400ft version and this item did have low sound, i bought it brand new and when i returned it another copy came back the same, when i rang the dealer they stated that there were two faulty batched with this sound fault.

I now have the 3x400 and so far all is good although the picture quality of the 400footer was (in my opinion)sharper.

Lee Purkis
Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2011 05:55 PM      Profile for Lee Purkis   Email Lee Purkis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen an Italian 5 or 6 x 400ft release of this on super 8.

Scott Mallory
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2011 09:34 PM      Profile for Scott Mallory   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They have the digest for a Buy it now price of $89 on Ebay right now.

--------------------
Scott

Raymond Glaser
Master Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2011 09:17 AM      Profile for Raymond Glaser   Email Raymond Glaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still looking for the 3x400' version or the full feature on Super 8 - Can anyone help me out ???

Thanks, Ray

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 14, 2011 10:18 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ray, if you don't mind (and have capability to re-record), you can buy the Germany version from Ebay.de. This title comes up so often over there. It has been told that 3x400 fro UFA German is originally from USA. So the edit is exactly the same.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 17, 2011 07:14 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ray. Some years ago I edited my 400ft reel into the 3X400 and re recorded it into stereo making for a great little super 8 movie. The frame line is very slightly different on the 400ft reel so you need to keep a hand on the frame knob but worth doing the splicing and re recording.

Have seen 16mm prints around in the past as well but usually very expensive.

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2011 10:02 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ray - Did you look at Perry's Movie list, it's there:

1702 THE EXORCIST - Ellen Burstyn, Linda Blair - When a teenager
is possessed by a mysterious entity, her mother seeks the help of two
priests to save her daughter 3x400ft col snd £55

P.S. - I would still like those 600' reels from you, as soon as I have extra money it will be sent...

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Raymond Glaser
Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2011 04:20 PM      Profile for Raymond Glaser   Email Raymond Glaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gerald - I ordered THE EXORCIST 3x400 from Perry's list two weeks ago along with another film...but I was only charged for and received WAR OF THE WORLDS (which is STILL on his list also!!!) so I guess Ian never took THE EXORCIST off his list either --- I'll send the 600 ft reels to you tomorrow (I didn't hear from you so I was just waiting...) You can pay me at your convenience - Ray

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC