8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WANTED FORBIDDEN PLANET

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED FORBIDDEN PLANET
Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2011 11:57 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for feature or trailer of the Classic Forbidden Planet can someone help me?

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 10, 2011 08:29 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's going to be a good long search.

There was one on ebay a year ago and it fetched a good price.

Doug Meltzer could perchance verify this, but I believe that there were scope prints struck, but only a total of four, and those are "religously" being held onto.

good luck.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 10, 2011 08:46 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a Super 8 print on ebay a while back that went for over 600.00. I wanted it but it was too much for me. I also seen a trailer on there and that went for over 100.00. That's going to be a tought one to find and you may have to take out a loan to buy it or re-mortgage your home!!

Good luck!!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 10, 2011 11:36 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a few scope prints out there. I have a beautiful Red Fox flat print. The audio is very good, the better to appreciate the electronic score by Louis and Bebe Barron.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2011 07:03 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the Red Fox flat feature many years ago but my print was a little on the soft side so I got rid of it and got a 16mm flat feature which is now a little on the faded side [Roll Eyes] . Didn't Kempski Films in Germany do excellent LPP scope prints of this title along with their other MGM releases?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 11, 2011 10:28 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come to think of it, I have the issue of "16-8 Cine" from Germany (an excellent fully professionally put together magazine, by the way!), and they had a whole article that listed nearly every single title that Kempski ever released, features and shorts!

I give it a look and get back to you guys tomorrow on that!

LAKSMI ...

Just updating this post ...

I looked at that complete list of Kempski features as "Forbidden Planet" is not on there. They are fairly thorough over there in thier research before going to print, but you never know, they might have missed one or two.

However, one of the surprises I saw on the list of features was, "Shaft's Big Score". I bet that feature wasn't a really big seller.

[ April 11, 2011, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Osi Osgood ]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC