8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Taxi Driver on ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Taxi Driver on ebay
William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 04:35 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi noticed this for sale on ebay 400ft 20 mins version of movie.Has anyone else got a copy and is it any good?

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 13, 2011 11:24 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi William, since I notice you are new to 8mm films,.... mmy suggestion is don't start with drama things. You will get confused with the story flow.

Get action, easy watching films, comedy etc....because we are talking a 20 minutes digest out of (mostly) 90 minutes films.

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 11:29 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good advice Winbert im always jumping in feet first.I think its a case of being so new im not sure how often these movies become available.Saying that think 3 copies of Taxi driver and 4 copies of star wars have been listed today alone on ebay so guess pretty often [Smile]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 13, 2011 11:34 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William, don't hesitate to regularly have a look at the "print review" section of the forum, it will, most of the times, give you a fair idea of what kind of edit you're dealing with.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 11:37 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jean-Marc i have started reading through it last night getting a good idea for my favourite movies.

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 11:37 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William - I have Taxi Driver, I also have an upcoming review for the digest. I can speed up the post so you can see screen-shots for yourself but, I think it's one of the best digests available, if not the scariest.

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 11:44 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Gerald noticed there wasnt a review of it yet so sounds good.Its a true classic and would be a must have in my future collection [Smile]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 13, 2011 11:58 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Saying that think 3 copies of Taxi driver and 4 copies of star wars have been listed today alone on ebay so guess pretty often
Regarding the rarity, "TAXI DRIVER" can be said as rare..and 3 reels in a week at Ebay UK is even rarer !!! [Big Grin]

Star Wars is very often. But it is also often to be sold for high price due to demands from non-film collector (people who collect any Star Wars related)

--------------------
Winbert

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 12:11 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert just had a look at the derann website and they have star wars on there :)as for taxi driver i stand corrected its only 2 copies on there for sale [Smile]

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 12:53 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi William,

i've send you an émail.

Best regards,

JC.

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 01:07 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sent one back.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 13, 2011 02:45 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Winbert just had a look at the derann website and they have star wars on there [Smile]
Yes William. What I meat was the price at Ebay often ended at high price because Ebay is watched by all communities. Derann's price is only for film collector therefore usually it is around GBP 9-15

quote:
as for taxi driver i stand corrected its only 2 copies on there for sale

No.... you were right...there are 3 Taxi Driveer offered at Ebay UK now.

--------------------
Winbert

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 02:51 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh there is 3 [Smile] i have tried to join the derann mailing list but no luck yet i have sent couple of requests but not recieved the activation for it yet.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 03:13 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert makes a good point.

From my understanding, there are some Columbia digests that describe the cut-down with a voice over running commentary.

Action films seem as good starters.

My first sound digest was Close Encounters of the Third Kind, in the (better) clamshell box.
 -  -
It's a neat and well defined cut-down of a two hour feature film.
I like it very much and it does not have commentary. I only wish that it was made on low fade stock. This has faded to red. [Frown]

Another excellent Columbia is Brian's Song. If you get this digest, do
not worry about the cutaway scene when they chase each other down
the staircase. The film was originally made that way.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 03:21 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael i have decided to get myself a copy of close encounters agreeing with Winbert.I have much to learn about this hobby [Smile]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 13, 2011 03:47 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Taxi Driver digest doesn't try to convey the complexity of what influences Travis Bickle in the feature, which is probably just as well. So it keeps things simple and broadly makes sense. A UK magazine review at the time of release stated that it had a brief scene with Jodi Foster which was considered controversial and was quickly edited out of the feature, but I can't confirm this.

It may be easy to find, but I'd love to find one of the low fade prints in excellent condition!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2011 03:59 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you looked over the ones on ebay Adrian? Also when Gerald does his review im sure he will say if said controversial scene is edited out.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC