8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Step into the Page

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Step into the Page
Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2015 12:30 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2015 Future of StoryTelling Summit Speaker: Glen Keane
Animator, The Little Mermaid, Tarzan, Beauty and the Beast, and Duet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSbkn6mCfXE

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 11, 2015 04:50 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Gerald, thank you so much for sharing that short documentary of Glen's incredible work!

I for one, am certainly one of the people out there who can truly appreciate the genius that people like Glen bring to the Silver Screen. Amazing to see him work just as well using modern day 3D virtual reality animating techniques as those traditional methods taught to him by his father!

Well done again Gerald for posting!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2015 09:38 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely fascinating. Thanks for posting this Gerald.

--------------------
Dave

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 11, 2015 11:29 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always amazed watching somebody who can sketch like this. I've worked with a lot of draftsmen (and women) who even though they usually draw on a computer (-yes...digital!) can sit with a pencil and paper and do a beautiful conceptual sketch and then toss it in the trash: it's nothing to them since it's so easy.

It's also refreshing to see somebody enjoy their work as much as Glen Keane does! (We should all be so lucky!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2015 12:02 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was amazing to watch. Such amazing talent in that family.
Exactly what he is doing with the 3D art, I imagined in my mind for music when I was a kid....we are not there yet for music, but when we are, I have written some amazing classical pieces, in my mind.
Cheers,
Matt

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC