8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The 3rd Man -Best b/w film ever made?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The 3rd Man -Best b/w film ever made?
Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2004 01:04 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They could have called it,"Holly Martin,international man of intrigue"-but they didn't.Everyone knew someone else helped carry Mr Lime's body,a THIRD MAN!
I reckon this flick must be the best black and white film I've seen.You can listen to it,you can thrill at the story or you can just study the lighting and angles. An enduring classic.

--------------------
Trevor

|  IP: Logged

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2004 10:28 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Trev,
Was this classic ever available in Super 8 or Std 8,
who released it, and how was the quality of the print?

Mike

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2004 09:31 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a beaut copy.Don't know who released it though.Sharp as a tack and no fade.As far as I can tell it is utterly complete.Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2004 07:10 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Trev

I think Movieland International released full feature
version.

Mike

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2004 09:23 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess this release was the complete feature,
using the British release which is longer than
and superior to the American release
prints?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

David Michael Leugers
Master Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2004 11:29 PM      Profile for David Michael Leugers   Email David Michael Leugers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Third Man is indeed a classic black and white film! If it is the greatest (there are so many) then I would vote for "A Touch of Evil" as the greatest low budget B+W film ever made. I had the extreme pleasure of getting to see the restored version a few years ago projected in a local theatre. Great, great film and when B+W is done right, it is something to behold... There is something about B+W that has to be seen projected on the big screen to really appreciate it.

David M. Leugers

--------------------
Live Free or Die

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC