8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Auction on ebay for a GS1200 with one of my photos...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Auction on ebay for a GS1200 with one of my photos...
Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2006 04:30 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.filmshooting.com/scripts/gallery/super8projectors/hti1_001 (look the photo on the right)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELMO-GS12 00-Super-8mm-film-STEREO-Cine-Projector_W0QQitemZ7613942236QQcategoryZ11722QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My photos are of "public domain", so this is not a problem for me, but.. is this auction really serious?

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 04, 2006 04:44 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... Like putting a 250w lamp in there... Oh dear.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 04, 2006 07:42 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I have asked the seller if the picture on ebay is of the actual machine. Be interesting to see what reply I get back.

I like the way he's pinched someone elses piture and then adds that the reels shown are not included.

250W lamp.....a real no no.

Anyway guy's this thread should really be under the ebay thread but seing as this is really about the theft of Ugo's picture I will let it carry on.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 04, 2006 08:01 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Kev!
I didn't read all the posts so I went and emailed the seller the exact question about the picture that you did. If Ugo complains to Ebay they will stop the auction and removed the listing. I had it happen where another seller nicked my pictures for a GS800 I was selling. I wouldn't of minded so much except my auction was still running! So I kept getting emails asking me if I had 2 for sale.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 04, 2006 09:30 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, it will be interesting to see what reply you get. Yes you are right eBay could make him remove his listing. Lets face it the machine could be a beaten up badly marked job. Mind you the buyer wouldnthen be able to have him for missrepresentation.

Does anyone know who this seller is?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2006 09:40 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,

The seller is Lee Mannering, as I bought a film of him a few weeks back.

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2006 10:10 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which area does Lee live in?

Interesting if Ebay take this item off over a photo, I've reported worse and nothing happened.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2006 01:16 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spoke to this guy last week about the possibility of picking the projector up personally but was told in no uncertain terms that he didn't want anyone visiting his home as he wanted his privacy and would only post the projector. I just mailed him back and said "good luck". He reckoned he had had a lot of interest in the projector but looking at the bids made not that much.

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2006 01:32 PM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well something wrong with it then.
The money saved with collection and subscquent cash payment in Paypal fees would encourage me at least if I were seller.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2006 01:47 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you'd think if he wanted to "keepfilmalive" so much he might welcome another film collector round for a chat when buying his projector.

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2006 04:57 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote to him. He's a kind guy! anyway he changed the photo in the auction... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 04, 2006 07:18 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
anyway he changed the photo in the auction
Phew! I thought it was just me, because I couldn't see where he'd stolen any of Ugo's pictures. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2006 07:36 PM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody buy it and sell me the lens cheap. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 04, 2006 07:59 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once I found a seller using my photos and description for his film auction. When I asked him about it, he denied and said it was coincidental. [Roll Eyes] There were five pic shots and and a very looooong description I wrote word for word. Ebay didn't buy the coincidental excuse. [Smile]

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 04, 2006 10:42 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like Ugos pictures better! [Smile]
And he said forget the Sankyos, Bell and Howells and the Eumigs! Paul...are you reading? [Eek!]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 05, 2006 07:24 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why didn't he just say "forget the Beaulieus and Fumeos," too [Wink]

--------------------

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2006 03:54 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee Mannering, Lee Mannering... [Roll Eyes]
When I read this name on this topic I said to me.. "I know this name..."
and then... ya..I remember!!!
He's the seller of this auction that I won..
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7581118277&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:IT:1

Do you wanna know what I received???
The service manual of the standard machine!!! [Mad] [Mad]
I sent to him many mails but I received only unless answers...
My opinion on him is negative...

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 05, 2006 04:49 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes Ugo now I remember. And yes your right no answer to emails. [Mad]

I think this might be a case of buyer beware [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 05, 2006 06:44 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto here. No answer to my emails. Se la Vie.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2006 07:23 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a reply!!!!!!!!!!

keepfilmalive( 68)
Positive Feedback: 100%
Registered On: www.ebay.co.uk

Item: ELMO GS1200 Super 8mm film STEREO Cine Projector (7613942236)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
keepfilmalive is the seller.

Hello and thank you for your question. I do not have any more GS photographs to show but can confirm the item is as shown. A GS1200 machine and spec as listed. Kindest regards
Respond to this question in My Messages.

Item Details

Item name: ELMO GS1200 Super 8mm film STEREO Cine Projector
Item number: 7613942236
End date: 06-May-06 18:45:42 BST

View item description:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7613942236&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

Thank you for using eBay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 05, 2006 10:18 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's saying a whole lotta nothing. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2006 01:33 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is his starting price too high he is getting no bids with only a few hours to go?

--------------------
Regards,
David

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 06, 2006 05:40 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
That price is about right. He will probably get a bid at the last minute but not from me.

Kev.

--------------------

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2006 01:29 PM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and he did, will be interesting to see if everything turns out ok.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC