8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Who's Going To The BFCC in Ealing This Saturday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who's Going To The BFCC in Ealing This Saturday
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2006 05:21 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been looking forward to this for weeks, as this is my "local" (if you call a 45-50 minute trip in the car as LOCAL )film event, and I'm going to finally meet up with a couple of forum members too. Keith always puts on a fine number of varied shows, and lets not forget those wonderful dealers, and there many bargains!

Anyway who's going this time?

|  IP: Logged

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2006 05:31 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both Keith and John know I've been a regular punter for many years, but my dear @#><^** daughter picked Saturday as the date for the christening of her first baby. I did offer to be back in time for the evening 'do' but to no avail. Two years ago her wedding day clashed with another BFCC,the one that Keith had to postpone for a week.
Tell us all about it please Barry.
Mal, crying into his morning cuppa

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 18, 2006 05:56 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, I'll be there (but you knew that already... [Wink] )

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2006 06:21 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, looking forward to meeting you. Jean-Marc, same time same place by the coffee table [Wink]

Good news is that I will be bringing Chris Quinn with me & he is not working his night shift on Friday, lets hope he can stay awake this time.

My mission this BFCC is to get a nice photo of Tony Milman for Doug [Big Grin]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2006 06:56 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry that you will not be there, Mel, although I wish you and your family all the very best for the Christening. Derann will of course be in attendance as usual, with lots of tempting bargains. Please note also that we are always looking for your unwanted films, etc. in part exchange

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 18, 2006 08:31 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry,

I shall be there too and lets hope we can manage to meet up this time.

Craig, Dont forget I still have that image Tony sent us by mistake on my PC [Big Grin] maybe its about time I forwarded it onto Brad [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 18, 2006 03:02 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We'r going to go in October [Frown] You wont believe the run of luck im having,Just as i thought everything was settling with me now keeping my house ive had the worst run of electrical F*** ups i could have thought, ive spent my last pennies on ensuring i keep the house while the Ex goes with her new geezer, ive secured the mort and now me Tellys blown the tube, Toshiba using shity Phillips tubes [Confused] , My portable telly from the bedrooms also bollocks'd, The hoovers burnt out and i darnt use my Elmo until the curse has gone( [Big Grin] )
They do say theres always someone worse off, well let me meet him i could do with a laugh...

Anyway, all who are going have a good one and i'll look forward to the pictures on the BFCC site and i'll see you all in october pending the engine of my car not being the next twat to go on me. [Wink]

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2006 01:08 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,

It would be good to meet you on Saturday.

Mal, I am sorry to learn that you have failed as a parent. Why it is not possible to hold the Christening in Ealing is beyond me! [Frown]

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 19, 2006 01:19 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Tony. I mean they do have weddings there at the town hall. All you would need to do is transport the holy water over in the font. [Big Grin]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2006 03:31 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
11:15 The Morning Show - Including the latest Super 8 releases.

12:15 Acorn Films - 55 years of local newsreels as seen on television. During the lunch break we may show extracts from 'The Men Behind the Movies' DVD's which detail the history of Super 8 film collecting and the BFCC's.

14:15 Super 8 'Scope show - Super 8 classics plus the latest Matrix extract.

15:15 16mm Show - A variety of 16mm newsreels and extracts plus the dreadful short 'Always Marry An Ugly Woman'.

16:15 Super 8 Trailer Show - A selection of 8mm trailers selected for outstanding print and content.

16:45 Cineavision Celebration - A look at a few of the proportionally reduced 2.35:1 Super 8 Panavision releases from Dr. Van Tettering's Cineavision label.

------

Tom, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles... but you've cheered me up no end. I'm still laughing - great post.

Mal, you will be missed. I hope you're still well and will continue to be.

Part 2 of Men Behind the Movies has turned into a production nightmare but all being well it should be unveiled tomorrow. I watched a pre-release copy last night and got quite emotional seeing all the faces and events of the past. It's lovely to see everyone though and pick out the people you know - even Bill Parsons coming into the first BFCC at the Ealing Town Hall (over 10 years ago).

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2006 05:06 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John

Great to hear that "The Men Behind The Movies" Part Two is almost ready and we eagerly await our pre-ordered copies (Part One is superb and can be thoroughly recommended)

Here's wishing you a highly successful '51st'

Best

Gary, Derann

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2006 07:06 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gary. I'm off to the Ealing Town Hall this evening to erect the screen. I've then got to somehow get a THX sound system and projection equipment into a Mini to get it to the convention tomorrow.

It's like that old riddle, "How do you get four elephants in a Mini?"

Answer = "Two in the front, two in the back."

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2006 01:02 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope all goes to plan tomorrow, I'll be there in spirit,brandy probably.
Thanks for the comments Gary, nice segue into the sales pitch!
My old mate Essi will be there to make sure you're not too happy.
Kev, I did suggest your idea but was told I was heading for my own baptism in the Severn Estuary if I dared head for the bridge.
John you might get 4 elephants into that mini of yours,but have you ever tried getting to Wales in it?
I'm doing ok thanks, still in remission. Keith will be getting my order for MBTM #2 soon
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2006 02:59 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to the BFCC tomorrow and really looking forward to the event and meeting up with you guys again. I hope as many UK members of this forum can make it there as possible and can guarantee you will enjoy it if you do go along.
Kevin

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2006 08:59 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wish I could be there, but as I can't (in Greece at the moment, Zante now and then heading for Athens and the Islands) I hope you all have a great time and look forward to reading all about it on here soon!

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 23, 2006 02:18 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, how do you Know when elephants are in church?

There mini's parked outside,
why do elephants paints there testicles red?
so they can hide in cherry trees,
Whats the loudest sound in the jungle?
Giraff eating cherries?
Ever seen an elephant in a cherry tree???
Bleedin' good disguise aint it [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

So i finish the thread [Wink]
Looking forward to October.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC