8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Movie Maker - Equipment Reports and Film Reviews (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Movie Maker - Equipment Reports and Film Reviews
David Riegler
Junior

- posted July 18, 2009 06:11 PM      Profile for David Riegler   Email David Riegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May I ask for the Bell and Howell Filmosound 1680 and the AICO Classic Super 8 Editor/Viewer, please?

In Philadelphia, MOVIE MAKER disappeared around 1981 or so. How long did it last? Did it ever start to cover video equipment, or stay film only until the end?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2009 04:16 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scans all sent [Wink]

There is an interesting project in progress at the moment with regards to all these scans, Kev is putting together an "Archive Disc" to make available to anyone who wants it and it will include all of Bill Davisons Film Reviews, the Equipment Test Reports form Movie Maker, Film Catalogues, Film Posters and more.

I have sent Kev a disc with all my scans on it and I know that Jon Addams and others have offered to do the same. Should you have anything you would like to offer I'm sure that Kev would be pleased to hear from you. It looks like being a very interesting and exciting resource.

With that in mind Kev has asked me to hold fire sending out full discs at the moment (ie, those that include all the equipment reviews, film catalogues and Bill Davisons Film Reviews) pending the arrival of the new "Archive Disc" that he is putting together.

I'm still happy to send out individual scans though, so if you know what you want contact me on here or by email and I'll email the scans off to you.

Watch this space, it looks like being an interesting project! [Smile]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

David Riegler
Junior

- posted July 19, 2009 12:31 PM      Profile for David Riegler   Email David Riegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As always, thank you very much, sir!

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 09:25 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mike
Any chance of getting the Bell & Howell Filmosonic 1735 reveiw. I got a free one and am trying to get it up to snuff. It's working fine except not gettin any sound, so maybe this will give me a clue.
Cheers
Terry

terry(dot)lagler(at)rogers(dot)com

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 21, 2009 10:53 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Terry, It sounds like its the service manual you require not the test review which Mike has.

Maybe someone else has a service manual for these machines and can help Terry?

Terry, what sound problem do you have?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 10:58 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great resourse Mike, if you could email me a PDF for the Sankyo Sound 700 that would be cool.
Hope your keeping well mate,
Chris.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 12:00 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin
Yes, the service manual would probably be best, but I was still curious to see what it had to say.

I'm not getting any sound - nada, not even a humm from the speaker. I've cleaned the sound head and it looks like it makes contact with the magnetic soundstripe on the film. I've also had the back open for lubrication and cleaning and it looks like all wiring is intact so it may be something more serious.
It's not a big deal if I can't get it working as I have a few sound projectors, it's just nice to bring a projector back from the dead.
Cheers
Terry

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 21, 2009 12:13 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, what a great idea that CD is. As you say it will be an incredible archive resource on projector test reports and package film reviews, and I'm sure most people on this forum are going to want to buy one.
Count me in! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 12:20 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For that CDROM, would you be interested in my Tower project? I would have no problem forwarding Kev my documents and photos from it. Can you email me please:

prfcg2 (at) AOL (dot) com

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 12:53 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris & Terry

Scans sent. [Wink]

Paul and Chip - this is indeed a great project and I'm sure Kev would be pleased to consider including any cine related archive material that people might have.

I think it might be useful to start a new thread about the disc so that people can be kept informed of its progress and maybe offer what extra material they may have.

What do you think Kev? [Smile]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2009 12:58 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much Mike!
Appreciated!!
Terry

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2009 05:20 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there any updates regarding the above posts? I would love to see the reviews on any of the listed projectors.
Many thanks
John

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 01:03 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,

send me a pm with an email address and I'll see what I can do. I have access to a friends (legitimate [Wink] ) file sharing account, it might well be possible to upload the whole archive to it so that you can download it.

I think Kev has a lot on his mind at the moment, so it's probably unfair to expect him to make the disc any sort of priority, in which case I might see if I can make the Bootlace reviews available through the same route.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 01:41 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have gone down the PM route but to no avail

Heres my email addy
johnalmond10 (at) hotmail (dot) (com)

Hope ive done that right.
Many thanks

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

Antonio Costa Mota
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2009 06:46 PM      Profile for Antonio Costa Mota   Email Antonio Costa Mota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mike
Would you be kind enough to send me the review on the
EUMIG S 940 projector.
Many thanks and regards. Antonio

--------------------
António C. Mota

Michael Dixon
Junior

- posted November 28, 2009 09:06 AM      Profile for Michael Dixon   Email Michael Dixon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to send an email request but access is blocked. Eumig 610D is the review that I would like. Thanks for the efforts to provide this information.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2009 10:21 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Fellas

Just to let you know that I have (finally!) moved house, so waiting for an internet connection at home and will then be able to email your test reports and 8mm film reviews off to you all.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

Dennis Rainaldi
Junior

- posted December 29, 2009 08:42 AM      Profile for Dennis Rainaldi   Email Dennis Rainaldi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello -
Could you please send me the reviews for the following camera's:
Canon 1014 xls
Minolta xl401
Nizo Macro 801

if you have them...
I would really appreciate it.
Dennis

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2009 08:53 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Mike!

If you're still sending them out, can I have the reports for

Canon 814 XLS (camera)
Elmo ST 180 (projector)

My email is
ch.bjorgen (funny letter) gmail.com

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Dennis Rainaldi
Junior

- posted January 04, 2010 12:47 PM      Profile for Dennis Rainaldi   Email Dennis Rainaldi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike - Thank you very very much for sending the reviews over. I can't tell you how much this helps me out.
Very much appreciated.
Dennis

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2010 12:52 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello fellas

I have sent out the reviews that have been requested but Michael I will need an email address to send yours to...

I am now in a position to upload the entire file with all the test reports to a file sharing site. As it is a friends account I am using he has asked that I get email addresses of everyone who will want access to the file for download so that he can send one notification out.

So, for those of you who would like to download all the test reports listed on page one of this thread, give me an email address that I can send you download details too.

I shall probably be sending out the notification at the end of this week so will need the addresses by then.

Should anyone like to have all the 8mm film reviews by Bill Davison, I will probably upload them too, once I have sent out all the test reports. So let me know if you're interested.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2010 12:54 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arrived today, perfect quality. Thanks a lot mate [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 04, 2010 01:08 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year Mike. Any plans for a CD of these teat reports?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 04, 2010 01:19 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Freud is smiling, Paul!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 04:48 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do I get this CD?

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC