8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Scariest Super8 Feature ever (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Scariest Super8 Feature ever
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 03, 2009 05:44 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi James.
Unfortunately it is not [Frown] .

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2009 04:02 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My candidate is certainly the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. I must say,and I know I am in a minority,that NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD didn't impress me at all.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2009 07:00 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....such a shame 'Burnt Offerings' were never released on S-8,isn't it Takh [Big Grin] ?

--------------------
Yannis

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2009 02:10 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis .....

I'm waiting for you !!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2009 07:59 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.....I know it already! Such a shame you 're only on the 1st floor- too low for a spectacular throw-out!.... [Razz]

--------------------
Yannis

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2009 02:38 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched your link to "Suspiria"..Too gruesome for my taste. I totally respect the fact that some folks like this stuff and I'm not in any way judging.....But, why in the world when there's so much true horror in the world would you want to subject yourself to such awful images? Mind you, I'm not being critical (some people like asparagus - some don't)....Just trying to understand the appeal.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2009 05:45 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,
I deleted the link. It was not my intention to create any problem here.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 11, 2009 09:36 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, I really think horror is best when it is creepy and strange, instead bowels hanging out of still quivering bodies.

Another candidate I would offer, (which I own, and am thinking of selling), is "VAMPYR", from 1933. It was released on Super 8 and standard 8mm as "Castle of Fear", the name changed when it came to America, as often happens.

It is the surreal in that film that makes it so intimidating.

The backwards footage of the grave digger, diggin backwards ...

The person enclosed in an environment, and being buried alive by the grain, (I think it was grain), pouring down upon him ...

People without shadows ... or shadows leaving they're human hosts ...

I find these kind of images reel spine tinglers. Whats left to shock when everything is displayed for all to see?

In truth, however, true horror is something I can actually see happening in fact. Godzilla stomping on a city? Boring.

In one of my sci-fi scripts, (Working title ... Plague), The detective, who has been trying to figure out why everybody is dying, when a vaccine for the last disease has been issued to all, (the common cold), stops his car, as he hears an eerie sound.

He gets out of the car, to be surrounded (as we will be, in surround sound), the screaming of babies on all sides. This will be accompanied with shots of not the babies; but the outsides of the abandoned houses, from different sharp angles.

You see, all that are above two years old, strangely die, leaving none to take care of the babies. Our own hero is in the process of dying as well.

The crying comes to a crescendo, with quicker and quicker (and all the way to extreme close-up) of windows.

He is surrounded by the wailing. He can't stand it! He gets back in his car and rolls up the windows, it doesn't help. He blares his stereo and drives off.

I can guarantee you, the women in the audience will be in tears!

That's horror!

... with one, only one really graphic graphic image in the film, a dog, running away from a pack of dogs, carrying in his mouth the ripped off limb of a baby, perhaps the child of the family that he was owned by, still dripping blood.

... or another horror script that I am working on. Terrorists take hostage a school's whole line-up of buses hostage, and to prove thier point, they immediately blow up one of the buses full of children, all the while praising they're God that they can be honored with these deaths, and all the rewards they'll have for slaughtering the innocent in they're afterlife. They aren't threatening, this is a reality. Its then a chase to somehow approach these buses and rescue the children.

For any parent, that would be an intensely scary film. Why?
It hits home and it could be a very real ... reality.

That, my friends, is horror.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC