8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Gathering of Film Collectors in NJ (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Gathering of Film Collectors in NJ
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 09, 2009 07:15 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim, yes I found a few shorts, not the major ones, but darn near, thing is, I conferred, conversed and otherwise hob-knobbed with my brother aficionados - Please come next time

Claus, Garden State Parkway South to Exit 4B is easy, mapquest where it will be next and it's a breeze, I agree an AMTRAK depot would be nice nearby

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 09, 2009 07:20 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, Claus.

I had a great time there, and I hope to see it grow into something more, but it would have been nice to be able to get there on Amtrak.

I have a good deal renting cars through my job, so I rented something small and cheap and left my car at home.

-you ever drive 200 miles in a tiny, cheap car? It takes something out of you!

In all seriousness, John Black did something great here and deserves a lot of thanks. It's something I never imagined happening on this side of the Pond again, and I've said as much on this forum.

Thanks for the kind words, Joe. Obviously you caught me on a good day!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2009 02:06 AM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Guys! Sorry I disappeared but had a heart procedure done the day after the show.It was great seeing everyone and swimming through a room full of films.Special thanks to;
Shorty,thanks for the films and the support,always on the qee vee vee
Doug,Just being a great guy and keeping my addled brain working
Tom Stathes,great to meet new blood in the hobby,I'd adopt you as my son,keep looking for those silent cartoons
John C,Gary S,Louis F,Harold D, and all the other dealers,thanks for helping me get it off the ground.So whats next?
I'm looking at either the last weekend of April or the First of may.I'm working on another Hotel In wildwood with a larger dealer and rooms on the same floor so we can take over a whole floor for ourselves and keep it going all night.I'll have all the info by new years,but there will be a sequel.So,guys,the weather will be good,no holidays near,so lets make it a huge one!Again,thanks to everyone who fought snow and monsoons to attend! Your all the best of the best!

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2009 04:24 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John I am going to do everything in my power to go to this next one since I want to see this progress and get bigger and bigger, and it seems fun [Smile]

Oh and weird question....what were prices on films like from the tables?

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2009 06:51 AM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will definitely block out the time for the next gig. Looking forward to it!

How far is this from NYC?

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 13, 2009 08:01 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contact Steve Osborne, his presence will be rewarding, getting others from here and abroad, so this will become a global event with panels, programs, auctions and the such - Shorty

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2009 01:38 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino,great prices.I got a 16mm print of Torture Ship for $10!Many bargains.

--------------------

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2009 06:41 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great news John.

Please get the event date out as soon as posible. My job requires alot of advance notice for dates, epeciall weekends.

Thanks!

James.

Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2009 12:05 PM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whose is the box of films in the image captioned "All these digests are still sealed. Like a time capsule from 1969!"? Thanks.

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2009 07:38 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lou Frenchetti

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 17, 2009 10:14 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Franchetti - Great Dealer & Friend

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 18, 2009 06:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey John, and other fellow collectors ...

What films would you like to see each of us bring to the next film convention?

Unless there are others in my collection people would like to see, I'll bring ...

Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind (1977 version/ scope)
Sith reel, (first 25 minutes) scope/ stereo

any others that people know I have, that would like to see at the convetion?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC