8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo FP Mains Lead

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo FP Mains Lead
Peter Davies
Junior

- posted February 26, 2010 11:29 AM      Profile for Peter Davies   Email Peter Davies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been given an Elmo FP and about 70 reels of film, however there was no mains lead with it, I'm thinking of changing the sockr=et on the projector with a modern kettle plug but dont know the wiring configeration? I'm using UK 240v mains and there are 5 wires(black green red blue and a white earth) can anybody help with a mains circuit diagrm or the right wiring arrangment?

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 26, 2010 05:32 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter,

Welcome to the Forum! I've never owned any of the Elmo FP series projectors, but I do have scans of the FP-A instruction manual if you need it. Unfortunately, the manual does not have a wiring diagram for the mains lead. There is an Elmo cable with an edison plug on eBay right now.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Philip Cooke
Junior

- posted February 28, 2010 09:43 AM      Profile for Philip Cooke   Email Philip Cooke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,

I'd be interested in a copy of the instruction manual please and any other info you have on the VP-A. I'm looking for replacement belts and a diagram to show how the main drive belt is routed - see here for my other post:
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004407

Regards, Phil

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 28, 2010 11:12 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Philip,

The VP-A is different from the FP-A. I don't have the manual for it, but it is available on eBay here, and the same seller (who I've purchased from in the past) also has the belts . This site is a trip, and while the translated text won't help, there is a picture of the installed belts (scroll down).

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Philip Cooke
Junior

- posted February 28, 2010 11:37 AM      Profile for Philip Cooke   Email Philip Cooke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, Whoops! that will teach me to read more closely in future! Thanks for the links - I'd not managed to find anything on the bay but I'd only looked in the UK.
Much appreciated!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC