8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Has Anyone Had This Problem........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has Anyone Had This Problem........
Ian John
Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2011 06:40 PM      Profile for Ian John   Email Ian John   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I tried to list a film on ebay yesterday, and since April this year up to today, every time I go onto ebays "Create Listing" page and create my listing description, when I click on "continue" to make the listing go live, ebay keeps blocking the listing by flashing up an "ERROR" message which won't let me list live, Below, (I can't use the american word for biscuit,as this site won't accept it so I have had to use the word "Biscuit" in place of the "c o o k " word), message as follows:

Your listing cannot contain javascript (".biscuit", "biscuit(", "replace(", IFRAME, META, or includes), biscuits or base href.

I am doing nothing different now, than what I have been doing in my listings since I started on ebay way back in 20001. I tried a "TEST" listing today with "TEST" written in the Item window, "TEST" written in the Description window, and in the "START PRICE" wind I put 0.01. I did not use any photographs on the test listing.

When I "clicked" on continue, to make the listing go live, Ebay again flashed up the same "ERROR MESSAGE" windaow again:

Your listing cannot contain javascript (".biscuit", "biscuit(", "replace(", IFRAME, META, or includes), biscuits or base href.

I did a search on Google, and hundreds of people had showed up, and complaining as having had the same ERROR message preventing them listing their items.

Ebay will tell you nothing, they just point you to their Q&A's pages, and won't sort it out for the sellers who are getting this run-around, and in my opinion, it is ebays software that has been changed, that is causing this mess, not my computer.

Back on 17th April, I contacted Ebay Customer Support, and wrote the following:

I tried to make my completed listing for my KM Pentax Camera go live, but keep getting the error message: "DESCRIPTION- YOUR LISTING CANNOT CONTAIN JAVASCRIP (the american word for biscuit", "biscuit(", "replace(", IFRAME, META, or includes),biscuits or base href." Firstly, I don't understand anything about any of that, I am not that computer savy, and secondly, I have done nothing different now than any of the other listings I have put on ebay in the past. Can someone put this right for me, so my listing can go live please? REGARDS.

On 18th April, Ebay wrote back, and below is their reply:

Hello Ian,

Thank you for writing to us with regard to completing the listing for your Pentax Camera.

Ian, I realise how inconvenient this issue is as you cna't submit your listing now. The error message "Your listing cannot contain javascript (".american word for biscuit", "biscuit(", "replace(", IFRAME, META, or includes), biscuets or base href" will appear if the description you are trying to enter on your listing contains HTML coded or javascript that are not allowed on the site.

I know that it is inconvenient not to be able to list an item, so please let me help you by providing possible resolutions to your problem. Please go through the information below.

We do not encourage sellers to copy and paste item text directly from other web site. To resolve this, please do not copy the description of your listing directly from the web site of the manufacturer of the item.

If you copy and paste text from other web site or listings, they might contain java script or HTML codes that are not allowed on the eBay site. For future reference, you can use your own HTML codes to enter your item description. You can learn how to add HTML formatting to "dress up" your listings by reading the tutorial at:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/html_tips.html

Also, many users learn how to use HTML by viewing the document source of pages that contain interesting formatting. You can view any web page's source documents by selecting your web browser's View command and looking for a menu selection for "source."

I trust this information has been useful. Please let us know if you have more concerns.

Kind regards,

Denise Martha
eBay Customer Support

I think that ebay has altered their software, said nothing to sellers about it, and just left sellers to find out by themselves that somthing is wrong, and leaving sellers banging their heads against a brick wall in frustration of not being able to list their item, after all the work sellers go through to write their descriptions properly. After doing a google search about this problem, there seems to be hundred of other sellers banging their heads in frustration with this very same problem. Ebay just pass the buck, take the sellers money, passify any seller that complains, and don't tell the seller exactly what they have done to cause the problem in the first place, say nothing, and keep you in the dark.

My question is, anyone on this board had this problem? Can anyone help me sort this out please? Any input would be appreciated, before I go back to

Thanks.
Ian

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC