8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Do You Like Snow?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do You Like Snow?
Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2012 01:45 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...does anyone else have this Castle short? I am wondering if there's any more information on what this film actually is. I just watched it for the first time after winning it for $1 on Ebay and was stunned. I was expecting a straight forward skiing film, but instead it was as if everyone involved was on LSD. It's the strangest ski film I've ever seen (there's even a dog that talks in slow motion!) So if anyone has any extra info about this bizarre film please reply to this post.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2012 09:53 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As part of their ongoing effort to offer a wide variety of titles to the home movie collector, Castle often bought non-movie related subjects from "independent" film-makers. By independent I mean just about anyone who went to Castle's buyers and solicited something they filmed themselves. Not all these indy subjects were bad, but many of them were comprised of home movies that were edited, sweetened in post-production (narration and music added, etc.) and finally marketed the same way all there other titles were. Many times the boxes were more interesting than the films themselves.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC