8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 810 Deluxe Have 1.0 Lens?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 810 Deluxe Have 1.0 Lens?
Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2012 08:58 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was looking through my 1974 Blackhawk Films catalog and it was advertising the "New" Eumig 810D Deluxe. It said the same as 810D except that it came with a 1.0 18-28 zoom lens.
Did a 800 series projector actually ever come factory with a 1.0 lens? I looked in my 1977 Blackhawk catalog and it just advertised the 810D Deluxe HQS with a 1.2 12.5-25 zoom lens.
I never thought to much about lenses for a long time and only had Eumigs with the 1:6 and the 1:3 lenses and I never noticed much of a difference between them. Then I got a projector with the 1:2 and it made a world of difference and I hardly want to watch anything on the old projectors. I sure would love to try one of these 1:0 lenses if they are available.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2012 12:20 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zech
the only Eumig 1.0 lens I have come across was a fixed lens at about 2 inch, so i never use it...Would love to find a 1.0 adjustable zoom, but have never come across one.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 05, 2012 09:07 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never found an f1.0 Eumig lens. But I did find the amazing Kodak Ektar f1.0 22 mm fixed focal length (non-zoom) on an old Kodak M100 projector. The lens barrel was a little large so I had it turned down to fit my Eumig 800's and my Eumig 926 & 938.
The results are amazing. Much brighter than even the Eumig f1.2, and incredibly sharper pictures with greatly increased contrast.
Kodak made this Ektar lens for the M100 to showcase the new super 8 sound system, and it is a superb optic producing razor sharp imageing across the full width of the screen. This lens literally transforms the performance of my Eumigs. And yes, the lens quality is everything in super 8 projection.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2012 05:14 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Posted by Dino:
quote:
"The only Eumig 1.0 lens I have come across was a fixed lens at about 2 inch, so i never use it...Would love to find a 1.0 adjustable zoom, but have never come across one."
Posted by Paul
quote:
"I have never found an f1.0 Eumig lens"

I have a couple of them - I also have 3 Suprogon 1:1 18-28 zoom and a couple of Suprogon 1.2 12.5-25 zoom.

-

-

-

-

I am toying with the idea of selling one of each.

Jon

[ November 06, 2012, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Jon Addams ]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 05, 2012 05:21 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
it just advertised the 810D Deluxe HQS with a 1.2 12.5-25
I once had Eumig 810 Deluxe HQS with Supragon 1.1.

So I think it comes with various lens depending on the order. Just like ordering a new car which we can order with radial tire (for a price) or standard tire.

BTW, Jon any chance to use this lens on the projector other than Eumig?

--------------------
Winbert

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 06, 2012 03:45 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh so many years ago I had the 1.0 Eumig lens in my MK-s STD 8 sound projector. It had a Xenophot (Osram lamp) in it as well and was a superb performer. The 1.0 was made for film makers of the day that wanted to project films in a hall and it was excellent. Amazing when you look back just how good that lens was.

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2012 04:54 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
BTW, Jon any chance to use this lens on the projector other than Eumig?
I have no idea Winbert, probably but I never tried in another projectors.

Jon

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2012 11:19 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank for the pictures Jon. Do you guys feel there is as much of a jump in quality from the 1.3 to the 1.2 as there is from the 1.2 to either the 1.1 or 1.0? I guess I don't have a good wall to project a screen much bigger then 5 or 6 feet so a quality lens may not be as crucial for me as some...

--------------------

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2012 09:26 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't realize that any of the Eumig 800 series projectors ever came with the lens you turn for focusing. I was lucky enough to just come across an 810 Lux with the 1.1 lens :-)

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC