8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Chaplin Features Lease

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chaplin Features Lease
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 08, 2013 12:23 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So will all forum members who have returned their Chaplin feature films back to the Chaplin estate now that the lease has run out, please so indicate? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2013 12:52 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anybody needs the address to send them back to I will be happy to supply that for you. I'll even pay for your shipping [Wink]

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2013 01:23 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't laugh. Next thing you know the Chaplin estate will start blocking the selling of these on Ebay, similar to what the Sinatra family does with unauthorized Sinatra CDs.

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2013 03:16 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, does it apply also for copies that are in Europe? [Big Grin]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 08, 2013 05:02 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure if the same deal was set up in Europe, Fabrizio. I do know that Blackhawk in the USA required their customers to sign a 30 year lease agreement when purchasing these films.
If any deadbeat collector still has the Chaplin features to return, they can send them to me and I will be glad to pass them along to the rightful owners. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 08, 2013 05:13 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those prints were not for sale/lease outside the US, referring to my Blackhawk catalogues.

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2013 06:35 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lease expired in 1991, regardless of when they were purchased. I think they were first offered circa 1976.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC