8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What is this part out of a Titan Super Sound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is this part out of a Titan Super Sound
Phil Mitchell
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2014 02:00 AM      Profile for Phil Mitchell   Email Phil Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all this white plastic part is or does?

Out of a Titan Super Sound, it screws in above the AC to DC converter board. Has blue wires from each side going to board which are soldered to the board near negative and positive output wires to motor and switches.

-

Thanks
Phil

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 15, 2014 03:54 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Phil,

Your part looks a lot like a power resistor. (Are you sure it isn't ceramic?)

These do a great many things: reduce a voltage, discharge capacitors, but basically anything involving turning electric power into a great deal of heat.

Without more detail that's basically all I can tell you about it.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 16, 2014 05:12 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is ceramic Steve on the Sankyo 600.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Phil Mitchell
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2014 09:59 PM      Profile for Phil Mitchell   Email Phil Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve and Janice, I looked up the numbers on it, Yep it is a Ceramic Resistor rated at 470ohms.

And yes it would have something to do with power control on board or something, I tested it with my multimeter and it is fine, this unit won't run at 18fps, even if I change speed pots, I checked the frame rate switch and it wasn't changing unit's speed, so by doing a continuity test on MM the switch doesn't change the reading even though my probes are on same wires when I moved switch to other position, now I learnt enough that a 3 pin or 2 pin switch should change reading and the two wires that you get a reading from should be from different terminal wires on it.
In my Not working Sankyo it has same switch I'll test it and see if I get same result.

Cheers
Phil

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC