8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A Question for ALL Members (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: A Question for ALL Members
Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2015 02:08 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think it will fall into two categories Joe . One will be the artist /genre on the box and the other will be the graphics/ artwork which in the case of Mountain / Portland was unique produced for them by some artist who churned them out for virtually pennies.

It will be interesting to see which ones appreciate and we will be able to tell our grandchildren we owned them when they are being sold for thousands or will it be millions!!

Original packaging and Pristine Condition of course. The way the financial tsunami is heading towards us the wise money always goes to property, precious metals and art. It way be worth a punt the way interest rates are these days [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2015 10:43 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must admit that I often wonder just how many active collectors the forums have. The 16mmfilmtalk forum purports to have 1784 members but some have posted less than ten times in the ten years since they joined. Others have joined and posted nothing!! Of course there are many collectors who may not know (or care) about such forums and have no interest in posting anything. I just wonder if we have a lot of departed friends who should be removed as inactive, thus making numbers a bit more realistic as far as active and interested members are concerned.

--------------------
Dave

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 26, 2015 11:05 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul is great to deal with, Jack - Mention Shorty (not that it will get you anywhere, but I like my moniker mentioned here and abraod) - Cheers

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2015 04:04 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Postage from America has made buying from them prohibiting but,...I had the good or, should I say, immence luck this year to be given two collections for postage only! A big big big one of about 300 titles ,features and shorts,of original silents,80% in standard 8,and one consisting ,of over 100 cartoons.As I am receiving them in instalments,so as to not be massacred by the customs,and watching and sorting them little by little,I will announce (!)the results by the end of the year.also last week I ordered a few std 8 shorts from Bert.

Stuart Finkelstein
Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2015 07:13 PM      Profile for Stuart Finkelstein     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ordered from Super 8 Warehouse but was disappointed. Won't buy from again.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 27, 2015 07:42 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought from him about a year ago. I was very pleased with the films and the service.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 28, 2015 05:06 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
stuart, was it the condition of the films you were disappointed with?

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2015 05:20 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
save your money for blackpool there will be loads of bargains and plenty films in auction super 8 and 16mm wont be long now and plenty of dealers booked in

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 28, 2015 06:18 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This week i have spent some of my ebay sales dosh and made purchases from two UK dealers, went a bit mad but looking forward to receiving.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 29, 2015 09:32 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kind'a nice finding a package in the mailbox,

-isn't it?!

I really enjoy getting a print of a film I've been curious about for years but only lately been able to find. I got "Tears of the Moon" recently from Paul Foster.

-Japanese pearl divers in 'Scope.

On the surface of it it's not the greatest premise for a movie but it's a beautiful print and I'm glad I finally got to see it.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC