8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Former employees of Castle, Blackhawk, etc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Former employees of Castle, Blackhawk, etc
Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2016 08:48 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have any former employees of Castle, Blackhawk, and other Super 8 companies from the golden days (pre-video) ever shown up on this forum?

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 21, 2016 09:30 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to my knowledge.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 21, 2016 09:43 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary Brocklehurst from Derann is registred.

--------------------
Dominique

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 21, 2016 10:07 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Technically my Mom is a former Castle Films employee.

-She worked in the billing department at Universal Pictures on Park Avenue and her job for years was to program their computer (via punch cards) to ship consignments of Castle prints out to retailers and then invoice them.

A few years ago somebody copied a Castle invoice form on here and she recognized it.

(She'll be 85 next month and has had a PC at the house for about 20 years.)

She tells stories of various Universal stars visiting around the Holidays and sharing the elevator with them quite often.

This is a very indirect "film job". I showed her a Castle print a couple of years ago and she said "This is great! I've never seen one in person before!".

[ January 21, 2016, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 21, 2016 11:30 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While researching for my book, I inquired to former-Blackhawk alum David Shepard, and he kindly sent a list of people who worked there - Have yet to connect with them - Would be nice to hear what those employed at Castle, Universal, Willoughby's and others might have to say, or any keepsakes they held - Shorty

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2016 03:44 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They would be celebrities on this forum!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC