8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New forum backed super 8 trailer reel (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: New forum backed super 8 trailer reel
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 07:38 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Any news from Quentin yet though Mark?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 08:08 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not yet Andrew but its only been 4/5 days and he may be on set etc.

Talked it over with Phil and he is up for it and will do the reel.

Hopeing to do a new scope 2 reeler.

Another option is a 2 or 3 reeler bond trailer reel.

Say Dr No, Goldfinger and Man with the golden Gun, on a 200 footer. These have german titles but great trailers and will of course be in English.

The bond one can be in a month or so, the 2 reel later scope reel in a month after sourcing the 35mm masters.

20-30 happy to pay the £25 deposit upfront would be needed really to get this off the ground.

Best Mark.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 23, 2016 08:16 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I sincerely admire your endeavours with this one here Mark.
I hope, somehow you can pull it off!

Tarantino films all the way for me. Excerpts or trailers from Jackie Brown...even the opening sequence with that superb track from Bobby Womack would do it for me!

Also Pulp Fiction dance scene or anything featuring Samual L
To put in front of DH3. That'd be my ultimate wish list right now.

A most popular choice right this second, must surely be anything from Hateful eight if you could ever make contact.

I wish you all the luck in the world Mark here and you just never never know in this world. After all Tarantino is a massive advocate for real film!

It goes without saying, you have my full support with this one whatever the cost, within reason for the working man.

--------------------

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2016 12:54 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`m in.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2016 01:42 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me too, me too!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 02, 2016 07:46 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took the opportunity at the BFCC to have a word with Phil Sheard of CHC about this. It was encouraging that he said he was confident that he would be able to get hold of a 35mm 'scope trailer for 'The Hateful Eight'. In view of the high cost of negatives nowadays, he would also want at least 20 firm orders in advance - i.e. from collectors willing to pay upfront.

Further good news is that I spoke to various collector associates in the course of the day and can add five more to the positive responses here. That must already take us close to 20, but it would be good to at least reach about 25 so that it's not problematic if not everyone pays when the time comes.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2016 03:45 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also in.

And Phil says we should have the Back to the Future promo soon.

Graham S

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 03, 2016 04:07 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be in for a scope h8ful eight trailer, especially if it's a decent length trailer. As far as i remember this was the official trailer here, (on our scope screens this would be ace & bang up to date).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69UwVX6Riv8
If i am wrong please correct me.
It may be this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trqB1pYN4fk

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2016 04:42 AM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am IN too !

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 03, 2016 06:01 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news there Adrian.

--------------------

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 06, 2016 11:43 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone there looks to be no reason why we could not get this done.

I`ve been very poorly for a week with crazy high blood pressure and still very ill but I think we can make this will happen.

Everyone please buy in whatever.

Best Mark.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 06, 2016 04:38 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Get well soon here Mark. [Frown]

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 12, 2016 06:19 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark - I hope you're feeling better? I'd be happy to help get the ball rolling on this by (e.g.) compiling a provisional list of collectors and advising Phil, but I wondered if you have any people who have opted in via any other forum, as a few more would be useful 'insurance' to help cover any orders that don't materialise. If/when Phil obtained the 35mm trailer needed, I suppose the next step would be for him to confirm a price, including postage rates. I think the other main practical consideration is where will the money be sent, because I expect Phil would want one payment, not numerous separate ones. I wonder if perhaps Phil and Steve Osborne might agree to a situation in which Steve receives payment for - and sends out - US orders, while all others are dealt with by Phil. I could put this to him to see what he thinks.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC