8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Using Air-compressor to remove dust with real time transfer super8 ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Using Air-compressor to remove dust with real time transfer super8 ?
Amund Hovde
Junior

- posted August 25, 2016 02:43 PM      Profile for Amund Hovde   Email Amund Hovde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi i have some serously dust problems with real time converting.
Even i clean the film with microfiber cloth before converting i get alot dust on the screen with transfeer.
If blow gently air into the frontside of the mainwindow, and I use air compressor with the ability to take away the water condention. Wouldnt that fix my problem ??
Anyone here tried that?

https://vimeo.com/180215368

--------------------
Amund

|  IP: Logged

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2016 09:42 AM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blowing air and using compressed air into the film gate can remove hair and dust. You may not be able to do it successfully while the film is running. You speak of water condensation. Where is that coming from? Also, sometimes hair and dust are part of the image if the camera that shot the film had hair and dirt in its film gate. While projecting the film, adjust the framing knob up and down. If the hair and dirt move up and down with the image then it's part of the image and can't be blown away.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2016 02:45 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amund, I think it may be best to clean the films with a fluid cleaner such as Filmguard.

That should remove all dirt and prevent static which can attract dust to the film.

I use compressed air very occasionally whilst projecting with no harm.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC