8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Keystone 109s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keystone 109s
Theresa Watson
Junior

- posted October 21, 2016 07:33 PM      Profile for Theresa Watson   Email Theresa Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this keystone 109s and haven't been able to find any info on it. I find a lot of info on the 109d,but not the 109s. Are they the same?

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 21, 2016 08:54 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Teresa to the forum!

The Keystone K109 and K109D have some differences. If you would like to have a copy of the K109 User Manual you can PM me and I'll send it to you. Please include the name of the projector for which you need the manual.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Patsy Brautigam
Junior

- posted October 29, 2016 09:47 AM      Profile for Patsy Brautigam   Email Patsy Brautigam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, I am also trying to locate a copy of the Keystone manual. I have a Keystone 109d projector, and my goal is to make digital copies of many old home movies. The projector is running extremely hot, and I have no idea where or how to clean or oil it. The Texsale site no longer has manuals for sale, so any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 29, 2016 01:33 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Patsy...It looks like a member of this Forum Jim Schrader has a copy of the K109D projector. You should PM him and request a copy. I only have the K109 model manual.

You should oil the projector with light-weight 3-in-1 or sewing machine oil. If it hasn't been run in awhile the bearings in the motor probably need oiling also. There are little holes usually circled with red paint (at least on the K109) to indicate where to put a few drops of oil.

--------------------
Janice

Patsy Brautigam
Junior

- posted October 29, 2016 05:53 PM      Profile for Patsy Brautigam   Email Patsy Brautigam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for you assistance, Janice! I have sent an email to Jim, and hopefully he can help. I checked the machine for holes outlined in red, or in any other color for that matter, and I see none. [Frown]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 29, 2016 07:54 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure the K-109D Manual will have the oil holes' chart. But here is an illustration of where the holes are on the K-109 and pic of my projector pointing to the holes.

-

-

[ October 29, 2016, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC