8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Blackpool Wish List. Feel free to add your wants.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blackpool Wish List. Feel free to add your wants.
Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2016 10:46 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not wanting to impose on David Skillern's thread in the General Yak section of the forum..... but much inspired by it, I thought I would start a "Wish List" for those looking out for certain titles or odd reels at Blackpool next weekend,so that other people may be able help.

Please feel free to add your "wants" on this thread as you will not be considered "imposing" if we wander off subject a bit.

Here's my "wants"

(all super 8)

Reels 1 and 6 of "Casablanca" feature

Reel 4 of Bogart's "Murder Inc" (think it was a 4x400' release)

Reel 7 (seven) of "That's Entertainment" feature

REEL 3 OF "The Longest Yard" - Burt Reynolds (a 3x400' release I think)

There we are..... the ball is rolling.Can you help? Now your turn. Hope to see a lot of you next Sunday!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 13, 2016 01:25 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea, with so many heading there and there being scope to hand over prints without having to worry about postage. Items I'd like to find on Super 8 include:

'Twins of Evil' (Derann full length feature)
'Stones in the Park' (a hard to find 400')
'Dancing in the Street' (Live Aid short - must have very good sound, as my copy doesn't)
'Stop Motion 2' (400' trailer reel)
'Vampire Trailers' (400' trailer reel - must be low fade)
Various horror/fantasy trailers that I don't have (and I could offer others in exchange)
Advertisement reels that I don't have

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2016 02:39 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
list of wants is as follows
Hawk the slayer 8mm or 16mm
king creole 16mm
big -tom hanks 16mm
star trek generations 16mm
the great rock n roll swindle 16mm
quadraphinia 16mm
Hawaii five o /kung fu tv/wild wild west shows 16mm
carrie 16mm

the list could go on but to name a few ,like most these are quite hard to find but never know something might come up .

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 13, 2016 02:48 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, No "Dancing In The Street" has good sound.
You have to record again for it to be any good to be honest.

Nice slice of history now though and love the official appeal at the end of the song still remaining in there.

Great little reminder of the 80's as was.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2016 02:57 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have loads of trailer black and white and colour

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 13, 2016 03:05 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew - being a later Derann release, it doesn't surprise me if they are all similar. I recall one review claimed the sound was quite good, but that was probably written by someone less fussy than me! But is there a source for all the sound on the short?

Nigel - a friend actually beat me to a great 16mm print of 'Carrie' at Blackpool two years ago. It was a US TV version with one or two alternative shots but he was delighted with it.

David - I'll certainly be visiting your tables!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2016 03:14 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian,
I have the dancing in the street film and rerecorded mine from the dvd live aid set, well worth doing it as sounds great now.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 13, 2016 03:21 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Still got to get around to doing mine yet.
Like Mark, I have the Live Aid Boxset so at least we have a credible easy master to use for this great little film.

It's good to hear Mark has already triumphantly beaten the dreaded pasted stripe to good effect! 😂😂😂

I had a similar Issue with "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" Elton John Lion King Promo reel, but this one I have done already and its like watching a different film now the sound is that good!

The difference recording musical films makes is absolutely unbelievable. They go from back shelf novelties to pride in place show pieces once recorded well in Stereo from a digital loss less source.

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 14, 2016 05:18 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info - I didn't know the short had appeared on any such set

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 14, 2016 05:24 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Off memory, I think it's part of the extras included in the box set.it's on there somewhere at least Adrian. [Smile]

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 14, 2016 03:21 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rko shorts

Ali Hipperson
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2016 05:39 AM      Profile for Ali Hipperson   Email Ali Hipperson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David - unfortunately I won't be able to attend what would have been my first Blackpool (since returning to the hobby this year) as I am the carer for my elderly mother and just can't leave her at this time.

I note in your post above that you have 'lots' of B/W trailers to sell.

These are of particular interest to me - would you have / be prepared to send me a list of them via 'pm' for sale prior to this weekend's Blackpool convention??

Ali.

--------------------
We're going to need a bigger shelf!

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2017 12:22 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just updating my post of last year. Unfortunately, none of the below were forthcoming, either on the forum in the last year, or Blackpool 2016. Anyone with any spare reels of the below.... please let me know if you want rid...

Here's my "wants"

(all super 8)

Reels 1 and 6 of "Casablanca" feature

Reel 4 of Bogart's "Murder Inc" (think it was a 4x400' release)

Reel 7 (seven) of "That's Entertainment" feature

Reel 3 OF "The Longest Yard" - Burt Reynolds

In addition....

The Sound of Music Reels 5 & 6 of the full scope feature.

I live in hope.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2017 03:08 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make that 2 two reel 5's of The Sound of Music and we'll both be happy. Also part 4 of Dracula has Risen from the Grave.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 02, 2017 09:10 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I'll be specific in particular - RKO Shorts
Super 8 Sound and some Std 8 Sound, as follows:

Edgar Kennedy - WILL POWER, DUMMY ACHE, I'LL FIX THAT, HOW TO CLEAN HOUSE, FISH FEATHERS, I'LL BUILD IT MYSELF, THE KITCHEN CYNIC

Leon Errol - CUTIE ON DUTY, HIGH & DIZZY, CHINATOWN CHUMP

Clark & McCullough - ODOR IN THE COURT
Gil Lamb - A BASFUL ROMEO

3 other shorts wanted;

DIZZY DOCTORS - DCR Films 400' 3 Stooges, Super 8 Sound
BEAUTY AT THE BATH - Walton Films 50'A&C, Std 8 Silent
CHRISTMAS GREETINGS FROM THE STARS - Movie Memories 400' S8Sound

Let me kow if anyone finds anything - Cheers, Shorty

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC