8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help with Bell & Howell Lumina MX60 Drive belt size

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with Bell & Howell Lumina MX60 Drive belt size
Jim Karl
Junior

- posted January 27, 2017 06:53 PM      Profile for Jim Karl   Email Jim Karl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Belt is loose and I need to find a replacement. Does anyone know the size and/or a place to purchase one? Did a quick google serach and can't find any info!

|  IP: Logged

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2017 07:44 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jim,
As you still have the belt then what I do here in New Zealand is remove the belt and go into a shop that sells "o" rings,like a pump parts shop and get another that's slightly smaller (as yours has stretched) or exactly the same size if it had simply snapped.
This may be possible for you?
Just a thought and it's what I do for 99% of my standard or super 8mm or 9.5mm projectors.

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 27, 2017 07:56 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Clinton, you obviously didn't read this...

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011232# 000001

"Nearly all belts now are neoprene.Most people are tending to use O rings and that's where the problems begin.

O rings are designed based on their ability to solely create a decent seal without reaction to whatever fluids maybe running through a vessel or machine.
As such they are not designed with elasticity in mind nor are o rings particularly durable when used for other applications other than purpose.

They are meant to be stationary, compressed and form a seal.
That's it!

Find your machine listed in the appropriate drive belt section of one of the reputable suppliers.
Then buy one of those.

I buy genuine Beaulieu belts from Wittners and Bauer belts from Van Eck and FFR.

I've had no problems with premature wear on any of these so far."

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jim Karl
Junior

- posted January 27, 2017 08:02 PM      Profile for Jim Karl   Email Jim Karl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I could find my machine's belt listed on a suppliers site, I wouldn't be posting in the forum where to get it .....

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 27, 2017 08:04 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
An equivalent DRIVE BELT will be out there somewhere Jim, without you having to resort to the use of an "O" Ring.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2017 08:28 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I did read that Andrew [Smile] but no-one in NZ has the genuine belts so instead of paying sometimes high postage it works out much more economical to buy the O rings if they fit and do the job.
And if or when it snaps then I just need another NZ$3 to get another.
Of course I would prefer to have the proper belts and I will happily buy them from overseas when my Eiki 16mm SL needs a belt replacing.
I only use o rings on my standard 8mm projectors [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC