8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Speed adjust Eumig S 810 D Lux (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Speed adjust Eumig S 810 D Lux
Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2017 09:35 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well spotted Clinton. Glad it was that easy to fix. Hopefully the motor mounts are still ok but good to know that new spares are available.
Tom - it's fairly easy to remove the motor by undoing the screws that secure the aluminium plate that contains the motor mount, then undoing the two screw either side of the semi circular aluminium casting that the motor sits on. When this casting is removed you can pull the motor towards you so that the rear shaft of the motor slides out of the rear mount. After that you should be able to take the motor out. You may have to take off a black metal plate that sits over the red record button. The power lead spade connector needs to be disconnected and the earth lead is disconnected when you undo one of the screws of the semi circular casting. The fiddly bit is relocating the motor after replacing the motor mounts because you can't see the rear motor shaft or motor mount and it makes it awkward to locate the shaft into the bearing. But it's doable

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 30, 2017 07:03 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Terry & Dave,
Clinton, Glad to see yours is all up and running fine again [Wink]

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2017 07:31 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The neat thing about the Eumigs is that the mechanical speed control can be set to any speed BETWEEN 18 and 24fps. You can move that lever anywhere in the middle. This is particularly good for finding a correct speed for various silent era films.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 02, 2017 01:03 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Following on from this , by undoing that screw Clinton, doesnt the spinning part now go all the way to the top making it run too fast? I tried this and its way to fast, now i cant seem to re adjust it back don. DOHH [Confused]

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2017 07:13 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,
All I can say is it worked for me,the speed sounds right to me now.
I haven't tried to make it slower doing the same thing.
I'm sure someone will have the answer [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC