8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CineSea 17 Just 2 Months Away!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CineSea 17 Just 2 Months Away!
Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 25, 2018 09:16 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 17th CineSea Film Collectors Gathering will take place in just two months. Our Friday Night Feature screening will be held on April 27th and the full day/night event is on Saturday, April 28th.

The CineSea gathering is completely dedicated to film. The weekend is spent watching, buying, selling, trading film and film equipment in gauges from 8mm to 35mm.

-

At CineSea 16 we had planned to showcase The Ohio Film Collector Exchange's custom-made 35mm portable projector, a system put together especially for CineSea. Unfortunately, hurricane damage in Florida delayed the manufacture at the time, but we are glad to announce that Terry Bange & Dave Baker will be premiering their 35mm system at this event!

Of course there will be tables full of film, but to me the most important part is that the weekend is spent in the company of like minded film enthusiasts. We talk about films all weekend and we watch films all weekend.

Part of what makes the weekend so enjoyable is the location. We are right next to a beautiful beach and near a great boardwalk!

CineSea was started back in 2009 by John Black & Shorty Caruso, who both felt strongly that the film collector deserves an affordable show (Admission is free!) to both promote camaraderie and keep this hobby going. If you have film or equipment to sell, 6 foot dealer tables are available for only $20. You can rent as many as you like. Lou Franchetti and his son will be there with stacks of 8mm and 16mm. To reserve a table you can email/PM myself or Lou.

If you've never attended, please take a look at Claus Harding's write-up & pictures from CineSea 16, along with Todd Tuckey's video of an earlier event.

The Saturday show starts at 10 AM and many, many projectors will be running non-stop and many, many films will trade hands right up to the group dinner. Upon our return we start our Saturday night screenings, which in the past have run as late as 2 AM. Bring what you'd like to show (just keep it under 20 minutes please!).

Last time more people than ever arrived on Thursday to help set up early, which allowed us to have a fun dinner and an impromptu screening on Thursday evening.

Please make your reservations soon at:

The Ocean Holiday Resort
6501 Ocean Avenue
Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260
609-729-2900 (mention "Film Show" to receive special rate of $65.00 per room)
Reserve early to get Oceanfront rooms with private balconies!

CineSea 17 details:

April 27th, Friday Evening: 7:00 PM
Early dinner, Friday Night Feature Screening

April 28th, Saturday
Hours: 10 AM – 5:30 PM, dinner break, continuous screenings late into the night.

April 29th, Sunday
10 AM - Noon
Last chance to add to your film collection!

There is no admission charge for CineSea. Please come!

Directions:
From North; Garden State Parkway to Exit 4, follow Rio Grande Ave to end. Right on Ocean Ave. Follow to Ocean Holiday on left 6501 Ocean Ave. From West and South;Rt 76 (east) or Rt 95 (north) to Walt Whitman Bridge. Follow Rt. 42 to Atlantic City Expressway. Take Exit 7 (Garden St Parkway South) Follow same as north.

[ April 25, 2018, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 26, 2018 10:59 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Already booked - Plan to bring some rare novelties and such, besides my grand display of brochures,catalogs and boxes - As always, inviting all our friends and our overseas chaps to join us - Cheers all, Shorty

Greg May
Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2018 05:56 PM      Profile for Greg May     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will be booking in the next few days. Relatively new to collecting (less than 6 months). I have had projectors for years. Working on getting them up and running. Looking forward to purchasing some films to screen for some friends and family in the Summer months.

--------------------
16MM: EIKI SNT-0, EIKI NT-0
8MM: ELMO ST-600M

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2018 07:33 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Greg,

It will be great to meet you at the upcoming Cinesea. What are you collecting on Super 8 or 16mm? If I have any that I am willing to part with, I will bring some of it to sell.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 03, 2018 06:00 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here - Welcome, Greg - Shorty

Greg May
Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 08:49 PM      Profile for Greg May     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to meeting everyone. Currently looking to collect for 16mm exclusively. I have two Eiki projectors that I got 8 years ago in high school. Dropping one off at a local collector tomorrow to have him take a look at it. The projectors both have the same small issue. The loop corrector seems to be the suspect on both.

--------------------

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 09:21 PM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything in particular you are looking for at Cinesea Greg? Shorts? Features? A certain genre? A specific film?

Greg May
Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2018 11:24 PM      Profile for Greg May     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be interested in short subjects, especially travelogues. I also enjoy The Three Stooges. Also looking for vintage TV. Dick Van Dyke, Kojak, The Man From U.N.C.L.E etc. Movie trailers and drive-in ads. As far as features go, I'd be interested on getting my hands on some films from the 70s. Nothing exactly in particular. I watch a lot of drama and action/thriller type films from that era. Hoping to have at least one of my projectors back to working condition before the show.

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 05, 2018 08:42 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another Short man! We'll definitely talk - I'm after some other Castle travelogues, but there are fine ones from Columbia as well - Bring films to show and call me Shorty

Greg May
Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2018 11:36 AM      Profile for Greg May     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to it, Shorty. Just booked my room about an hour ago. I will be arriving Friday after work. May leave the office a little early so that I can get down there by 5PM or so.

--------------------

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2018 09:09 AM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So here's a question to you fellow attendees: How open of an event is this? I don't really see it 'advertised' per se, I think Gary was the first person to suggest it to me back in 2015 via private message. So generally it seems to be word of mouth? But are you folks opposed to invites being extended to the other film forums or Facebook groups?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 06, 2018 10:04 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

I'd say the average attendee of CineSea isn't an active Member of the 8mm Forum, so it's not exclusive to us at all.

It is true that it started here, then again it didn't have to: it was just the right time and place.

I'm a less active member on other Fora and sometimes when I find the time (and the sanity) I post about CineSea there too. I find 16mmFilmTalk is a great place to talk about it since a lot of the people that aren't active here are active there.

-maybe it's time to do it again!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 06, 2018 11:27 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're open to one and all, some fly in from overseas - Please join in the joy of motion picture appreciation - Shorty

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2018 12:58 PM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I booked a few weeks ago - see you guys soon!!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 06, 2018 01:10 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man!

I think I'd better get on with it!

-wind up with a room with a black refrigerator (useless as a movie screen!) [Wink]

I'm flying solo this time, I could do an "A" room: get that ocean-view-balcony situation going, then again I've always been fond of the "C" room.

(We've had the same room so many times I've started to get mail sent there!)

--------------------

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2018 03:08 PM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welp, I bit the bullet and reserved a room for the weekend. I'll also be dragging my cousin along (he's a cinephile), and more likely than not, I'll be reserving a table to try and add to the festivities.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 16, 2018 10:23 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greg,

I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Dave,

It'll be nice to have you around for more than an hour this time!

It's always great to see Jason, Michael, Shorty & Steve. Who else is coming?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 16, 2018 10:46 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the usual suspects

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 16, 2018 07:09 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC